all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Just started S&S, feel amazing

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

svencandy

Level 5 Valued Member
First time caller, long time listener.
I've never posted on a forum before, but I feel so alive after getting started on S&S that I am compelled to share my experience so far.
I started S and S and I must confess i broke the rules, and moved to 24 after 7 workouts for swing, and 3 for TGU.
I'm sticking to the plan now that I'm on the 24s.
I just want to post here and thank you so much, I have never felt this strong and free in my daily movements for my whole life.
Before SS I could only do 1 hardstyle pushup and 0 chin ups. I tried through negatives and holds to do 1 chin up but never got there, my goal right now is to stick to the plan because I feel amazing so far and get to 32 in due course, once I am comfortable with 32 I am hoping my body is in good enough shape to finally do my first ever chin up.
Peace and love to you all.

Thats how i used to feel as well. Tried mark tippetoes 5x5 and couldn't fit into my jeans anymore and felt drained, Martin Berkhans leangains routine (maxing on deadlift on Monday left me drained for the rest of the weeks training).
By a stroke of luck I accidently listened to Joe Rogan with Pavel (after this horse paste incident i thought I should delve deeper into Mr Rogans work because I know how much the media lies to us)...and for the first time in my life I am enjoying my training, and more importantly seeing rapid gains without burning out.

Yes, when I started S&S I felt great an hour or two after a session. I would be feeling like I needed to do another “workout” or something because I felt so good.
I just kept in mind how Pavel said “leave something in the tank”, your comrades may need you later in the day.

I started S and S and I must confess i broke the rules, and moved to 24 after 7 workouts for swing, and 3 for TGU.
We might have a strong man on our hands.

I spent the entire 4 weeks with each step load from the 16kg on. And felt overly sore from head to toe, because I jumped right into the full load 100 swings and 10 getups. Took me a few days to get over it, and have a second session.

We might have a strong man on our hands.

I spent the entire 4 weeks with each step load from the 16kg on. And felt overly sore from head to toe, because I jumped right into the full load 100 swings and 10 getups. Took me a few days to get over it, and have a second session.
I probably should have mentioned that I am 105kg and 6'4"
Have tried many programs but never made any progress as I burnt out quickly.
Looking back after what SS and has taught me so far, my glutes abs and upper back were weak, aka shoulders rolling forward, anterior pelvic tilt. SS seems to have unf#$@ed my body quite well in a short period of time.
Very excited for the future.

Yes, when I started S&S I felt great an hour or two after a session. I would be feeling like I needed to do another “workout” or something because I felt so good.
I just kept in mind how Pavel said “leave something in the tank”, your comrades may need you later in the day.
This what I love about about Pavels work, he understands the challenge of the working man.
I'm in trades, servicing mechanical equipment, and when s*** hits the fan and long hours are required, you always need to have that pep in your step.
If long hours aren't required its also good to be able to go catch a wave your buddies, or help out at the community garden.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom