all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Justified Singles a "kinda-sorta" A+A protocol?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JZB

Level 3 Valued Member
the version of A+A I am referencing is the one found on Breaking Muscle as presented by Craig Marker. I don't know how different the protocol is from what Al Ciampa devised, but it's the one I've seen and the one I'm using for reference.

The Hybrid Power Conditioning Program

Can one expect many of the same conditioning and fat loss effects found in something like the Justafied Singles program from Taming the Bent Press? Because I have noticed a changed in my conditioning and I'm definitely slimming down since going on that program for the past several weeks. For those unfamiliar it is using 70%ish of you max for 30 reps at the the top of the minute. That comes to about 15 seconds of work with 45 seconds of rest for 30 minutes.

Obviously there's no power increase as its a strength building program.

Also, would you be overtraining or putting your energy systems at a disadvantage by alternating the singles program and A+A protocol every other day?

30 reps of what? How do you do 30 reps of anything in 15sec?

Yeah, that seems to be what he WROTE, but I think he MEANT what @Stan Kansiewicz said (I infer for the bent press).

I think the more general question is what effects might come from using similar work/rest timing parameters to an A+A swing protocol, but with a grinding exercise instead of a ballistic one.

I don't know the answer, but I think that's the question being asked.

Yeah, that seems to be what he WROTE, but I think he MEANT what @Stan Kansiewicz said (I infer for the bent press).

I think the more general question is what effects might come from using similar work/rest timing parameters to an A+A swing protocol, but with a grinding exercise instead of a ballistic one.

I don't know the answer, but I think that's the question being asked.

This makes sense...

I don't know the answer, but your experience seems instructive.

Yeah, that came out weird. One rep at the top of the minute for 30 minutes.

Don't know if this is relevant here but Google

Bryce Lane 50/20

for a heavy barbell approach to strength and endurance. Basically you take a couple of big, compound lifts that you can get 30 reps with in 20 minutes, by whatever method, and work up to getting 50 reps with the same weight. You can tweak it in a variety of ways, e.g., you can go for 100 reps with a lighter weight.

-S-

I do something like this, trying to copy the A&A concept introduced by Al Ciampa. For 30 minutes, or whatever time I have, I will do one rep at the top of every minute. I either use a dead stop power swing (full power, as heavy as I can) or a double kb clean/jerk. Seems to build good work capacity, and my technique doesn't falter doing only one rep at a time. Feels like it builds good power output capabilities for extended time periods. Really feel strong afterwards, but not smoked.

You might also like Bryce Lane's 50/20 concept - google it and you'll find explanations, but in a nutshell, you take a compound barbell lift that you can get 30 reps of in 20 minute and work up to getting 50 reps in the same time.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom