all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Justify Intensity Increase

• Thread starter Deleted member 5559
  • Start date
Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 5559

I have been traditionally adding volume before adding intensity and, from what I can tell, it seems that about a 40% increase in volume signals the need/justification for a 5% increase in intensity. I don't think it's linear though and needs to be adjusted based on the intensity range. Higher intensity and the volume increase needs to be more, and lower intensities need less volume increase for the same intensity increase. For just a general observation, 40:5 seems like a good rule of thumb for me. Any thoughts on this?

I don't have time to do the math right now, but some classic programs probably come close to this theory. I might come back to this with some more thought

I have been traditionally adding volume before adding intensity and, from what I can tell, it seems that about a 40% increase in volume signals the need/justification for a 5% increase in intensity. I don't think it's linear though and needs to be adjusted based on the intensity range. Higher intensity and the volume increase needs to be more, and lower intensities need less volume increase for the same intensity increase. For just a general observation, 40:5 seems like a good rule of thumb for me. Any thoughts on this?

Interesting thought.

I think with Hepburn's (original, not all the interpretations) programs the volume increase is much higher than 40%, like over 100%. That is for higher intensities and for an advanced lifter, so that would agree with your idea.

I wonder, when people do ladders, how much the volume falls off when they add weight.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom