all posts post new thread

Kettlebell KB’s - Strength & Aesthetics

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
.. I did minimalist barbell deadlifts 1x/week for about 6 weeks each year over that time..

Please define minimalist barbell deadlift!! Anyhow I believe your phisique is also the result of you mastering JiuJitsu as well as Kbs skills

you will love the kettlebell. you will gain more muscle at the grip, the shoulder, and also the midsection. Don't expect your old number ( 250 kg, 140 kg, 230 kg and 28%) will be kept. It could be reduced, especially last one.

Please define minimalist barbell deadlift!! Anyhow I believe your phisique is also the result of you mastering JiuJitsu as well as Kbs skills

I have definitely not mastered Jiu-Jitsu :) It's only been a few years - but yes, it's quite hard and has certainly helped.

By minimalist DLs, I mean "easy strength" style. No more than about 15 total reps with lots of rest in between sets. Right now I'm doing a total of 5 pulls/week on Sundays (if I'm feeling up to it) just for maintenance based on this:

Q&D + Minimalist Deadlifts | StrongFirst

You can check this thread:

S&S Physique (humorous, but not really joking)

You can also check YouTube or Instagram for:

Pavel Macek
Harald Motz
Levi markwardt
Strongfirst instagram
Derek Toshner

(I might have miss spelled some, sorry).

It's unlikely any advanced kettlebell practitioner limits only to kettlebell. Why would he? But it's the main tool for the ones mentioned above.

From your stats, I'd say that it's unlikely you'll look bad if you get to 15% body fat. If you become strong with the kettlebell and reach 15% body fat, you'll be happy with you appearance, that's for sure.

A good thing is that kettlebells are great for body composition. Given your strength and body composition, I assume you dont like cardio? Ballistics can give you some of the cardio benefits in a more enjoyable format for someone who prefers strength over cardio.
Levi’s transformation is bat s*** crazy. He’s ripped now!

I have definitely not mastered Jiu-Jitsu :) It's only been a few years - but yes, it's quite hard and has certainly helped.

By minimalist DLs, I mean "easy strength" style. No more than about 15 total reps with lots of rest in between sets. Right now I'm doing a total of 5 pulls/week on Sundays (if I'm feeling up to it) just for maintenance based on this:

Q&D + Minimalist Deadlifts | StrongFirst
I follow You on Instagram. I’m gorillaJJitsu. I’m one stripe from purple and doing pan ams this year ! That’s why i picked My bells back up. God they help insane amounts on the mats.

I follow You on Instagram. I’m gorillaJJitsu. I’m one stripe from purple and doing pan ams this year ! That’s why i picked My bells back up. God they help insane amounts on the mats.
Yes they do! So long as you're finding the goldilocks zone of just enough volume, but not too much. I could swing, press, jerk, and snatch kettlebells all day long - but being too sore or fatigued won't help me take someone's back and choke them out. So I'm constantly pushing myself to be an advanced minimalist and find the right balance. It's hard.

Damn guys. Did both of you build those physiques with just kettlebell work or did you also use barbells?
Once you get your bf % down around 10-12%, I'm sure you'll look similar, especially from all the muscle you've built powerlifting. KB's without a doubt will maintain if not improve what you already have

Hello,

Below a noce core routine created by A. Salkins for both performance and aesthetics:

Basically, it ends up with
- 100 dead bugs (50 per side)
- Hollow hold (3 minutes total)
- HLR (20 total)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom