all posts post new thread

KB Burn 2.0, Burn Extreme or MKM?

Triggers18

Level 2 Valued Member
49 yr old male, 3 years of KB expericence, finished S&S Simple (untimed).

Looking for a quick 4-6 laid out workout program to help shed some fat before beach time... (yes, diet is 85 percent) and want to spoon fed a program so I can focus on improving my eating plan (quality and quantity). I have one each of 8, 12, 20, 24, 28, and 32 KGs. And one pair of 16KGs.

Any concerns with Extreme, using different weights since it is a double KB program?

TIA.

Matt

Without knowing your strength for the doubles of MKM, 16’s might be to light since you did accomplish Simple untimed.
A pairs of 20 kgs might be the sweet spot.
I’ve done Burn 2.0 and it certainly delivers.
MKM will humble a person though. It keeps the ego in check, the 16’s might be just right .

I haven't done kb burn or extreme reloaded. I'm mostly familiar with MKM as I've run a few programs from it. From a timing perspective the programs on MKM are 3 days, ranging from 6-9 weeks in length. As @Archer mentioned, the 20's would probably be just right for most of them, the timed programs you may have to drop down to the 16's.

Looking for a quick 4-6 laid out workout program to help shed some fat before beach time... (yes, diet is 85 percent) and want to spoon fed a program so I can focus on improving my eating plan (quality and quantity). I have one each of 8, 12, 20, 24, 28, and 32 KGs. And one pair of 16KGs.

Any concerns with Extreme, using different weights since it is a double KB program?

TIA.

Matt
How about this instead?

Giant-ROP-BUrn 2.0?

What‘s the difference between Kettlebell Burn Extreme and Kettlebell Burn Extreme Reloaded @Geoff Neupert ?
EXTREME! uses only double KBs, and lower reps.

EXTREME! RELOADED uses both double and single KBs, and mixes lower reps with higher reps - all of which provide greater degrees of contrast. This is harder and more challenging than EXTREME!.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

TIA.

Matt
Matt,

Re: "concerns with EXTREME!" - If your 16s feel too light to you, you might not want to use it.

However, there are TWO plans in the program to accommodate for this - use the second - "The Optional Plan" if this is the case.

If you're not sure, and don't have a lot of double KB experience, I'd use Kettlebell Burn 2.0.

(I wouldn't use MKM unless you have a lot of double KB experience because it's advanced programming. )

Burn 2.0 is a single KB program, 16 weeks long, 4 phases, 3 days a week, 45 minute training sessions.

It looks like it'll fit your equipment needs better.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I am half way through the Hybrid version of Burn with pull-ups using two 24kg, I was very tempted by Burn reloaded as an alternative and I am pondering wether to move to MKM or Burn Reloaded at the end of this program… any suggestion? I am afraid that 2 cycles of Burn 6 days a week could be too much… although MKM is no joke either!

I am half way through the Hybrid version of Burn with pull-ups using two 24kg, I was very tempted by Burn reloaded as an alternative and I am pondering wether to move to MKM or Burn Reloaded at the end of this program… any suggestion? I am afraid that 2 cycles of Burn 6 days a week could be too much… although MKM is no joke either!
I'd contrast for at least 6-8 weeks before doing burn reloaded. You also need to let your body recover

8 weeks of the giant/easy muscle specifically a single bell edition would be a smart choice

I have KB Burn dyslexia, because every time I see the words, I think of Ken Burns, the legendary documentarian.

I'd contrast for at least 6-8 weeks before doing burn reloaded. You also need to let your body recover

8 weeks of the giant/easy muscle specifically a single bell edition would be a smart choice
@Mark Limbaga thank you! Also my second soon is on the way any day this week… you are right! You cam only train as much you can recover! I’ll probably do a round of Promethean on the Isomax with Kick SASS

Burn: RELOADED will be much easier than any EXTREME! version, so you'll probably be alright.

Any MKM program would fit nicely as a training contrast.

Back
Top Bottom