all posts post new thread

Kettlebell KB "Even Easier Strength"

• Thread starter Deleted member 5559
  • Start date
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Well, I think the workouts are pretty good. I don't see the waving and natural "I am easing up" or "I'm going after it" days, but I teach S and C at St. Mary's and Religious Studies at Columbia and I can understand the oversight. BM comes out almost by the hour, so...you know...it's not like what one person did with my book Intervention. Wrote a whole book based on the method, forgot to mention..um...me!

I guess I don't understand Breaking Muscle's publishing standards. A lot of the articles basically rehash other published/well-known programs. I clicked on a link in the sidebar to the 40 day article and found one from an SFG instructor advocating a program of swings and get ups.

So this kind of thing seems to be common and accepted there -- but it isn't something I would accept from high school students in my class.

It's interesting...and I am not fighting or disagreeing with you...but you focused on the IP and I focused on the fact he missed the true keys of the program! The randomness and going by feel...never pushing a rep was huge for me. This program is linear...yes? Unless I misunderstood it?

It's interesting...and I am not fighting or disagreeing with you...but you focused on the IP and I focused on the fact he missed the true keys of the program! The randomness and going by feel...never pushing a rep was huge for me. This program is linear...yes? Unless I misunderstood it?

He does have a general note at the beginning to autoregulate based on feel/lifestyle stressors, but then the progression seems to be a linear volume progression, so I'm not sure exactly where the autoregulation comes in.

If there's thinking behind this adaptation of the program (not saying there isn't), I'd like to hear it. It seems a little on the bus bench side.

Perfect term. And, the 40 Day...as I see it...is a nice workout that "Hey, look...I lifted my lifetime best" just sorta happens. I'm not disagreeing, it is just what I see. I am actually thinking of doing it just to figure it out. I don't like making critical comments unless I finish it. Well, PX360 or whatever...the guy was a mime.

@Dan John , this is huge for me too. I'm on the other end of the experience spectrum and I find that in addition to the amazing results this method leaves you feeling great and wanting more, which goes a long way to building a life long habit. I think in the end this is much more important than the short term results.

I know you're a fan of eclectic wisdom so you may appreciate this. I'm reading a book on high level dog training (I got a puppy 3 weeks ago and have gone all tiger dad on her). It is stunning the degree to which training a dog is like training yourself. Here a a couple key passages you might get a kick out of:
Evernote Snapshot 20160915 122053.jpg
Evernote Snapshot 20160915 1220531.jpg

The Daily Dose Deadlift plan is another fine example of Easy/Even_easier strength

Daily Dose Deadlift Plan

I have been doing this for the last few weeks, along with a pressing program and a few, S&S-style swings, and I must say I don't think I've ever felt better or stronger. I've _been_ stronger but I feel great, and the actual strength is increasing - feels like I'm literally stronger every day. The 75% deadlifts for five singles, which are the core of the program and to be done 5 days out of every 7, have just gotten easier and easier and easier - when I started, I was taking a few minutes rest between them, and today I just stood at the bar and took a few breaths between reps. Amazing how well this stuff works.

-S-

Last edited:
I really like train everyday programs. The only hard part is narrowing down the movement(s) you want to do everyday that will benefit each individual's objective. It's tough to objectively review your needs and stick to the few movements that benefit it the most. It's really easy to see a shiny object and think it's needed. Just because the bench press makes someone strong, doesn't mean they need to press at all. I really feel that a daily carry only program would do a lot of good - maybe I'll try that my next cycle.

@Dan John Didn't you have a carry complex that you recommended somewhere? Have you ever done just that every day for a while? Have any pointers for volume and intensity for a daily carry complex program?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom