all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB KB in Aus

• Thread starter Deleted member 6651
  • Start date
Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 6651

Hello,

Looking to buy kettlebells in Australia...

I was looking at the difference between Kettlebell Kings and Rogue.

Price wise, example:

KK On left Rogue on right:
4kg - $75 - $37
8kg - $95 - $55
12kg $115 - $65
16kg $135 - $75
20kg $155 - $85
24kg $175 - $105
28kg $185 - $120
32kg $195 - $135

Rogue seems a fair bit cheaper. But when I read some reviews about it, they say that KK have wider handles than Rogue and that rogues 'moulds' do not seem to appear as good because the recessed logo and weight label looks messy while KK is razor sharp as though it was machined showing the quality of the mould is better. This may have been a review 3 years ago, so unless something changed I am not aware of...

So price aside... I'm just after the better quality.

Also open to any other brand... I have seen NC and whatever else every other gym seems to have and it seems everyone in general is using a 1 piececast iron bell with recessed logo. - EG these guys:Buy Cast Iron Kettlebell 40kg - NC Fitness

Sometimes I wonder if they all get it from the same factory in china and just have a different logo. Any suggestions?

Also - Cast Iron or Comp bells - which would be more beneficial to muscle development? The larger ball on the steel or the changing size on the iron... what about comfort? Always changing size means it sits on forearm in different positions as you change the weight while steel would always be the same...

What does Pavel recommend if that exists?

If you can afford rogue and/or kettlebell kings, you can't go wrong with those..

A local option for you.. Look up kettlebell armoury

I have UrbanRx classic grade KBs and I like them a lot. I haven't had to do any sanding or refinishing, and while I had a shipping problem with one, I would recommend them as a potential option.

As for the handle width, i'm not sure of the preference there. I do know these bells certainly aren't weak, I've accidentally had a grip failure while swinging and sent the 24kg flying, and all that happened was a small scratch on the powdercoated finish.

Thanks.

From what I read the U-RX are identical/made same place as the Rogue. Rogue just have offerings up to 92kg (203lbs) while U-RX stop much earlier.

May just go with Rogue, they are pretty local to me (same town at least).

Any recommendations on Simple and Sinister gear?
I was reading in the book to use a 16kg bell and when you successfully use that, to jump up to 24kg to shock the body to make it adapt.

On the other hand, when I did the 5x5 training - the concept is progressive loading, that way its only a little more than before allowing the body to adapt (progress further)...

Not sure how that translates to KB, and these are 2 opposing views. Any info on this?

Simply put what sizes should I get? - Should I just go 8-12-16-20-24 or should i really skip the 20 and do the big jumps 16-24-32 etc.?

Forgot to add... do I need pairs or singles in each weight...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, if I had to buy a 40kg I would pick the rogue bells as I heard they were the same too.
The basic equipment to get a male to simple are a 16, a 24 and a 32kg kettlebell. There is no doubles work in this program, so you can get by with one of each.

I would recommend with S&S to stick with a given weight for a period of time before beginning to add more sets of the heavier bells. Since the program is done 5-6 times a week, i've found that it's way better on the body to take it easy with progression.

Following the step loading template provided in the latest S&S edition seems to be a safe and good way to progress, and it would've been good for me personally to have that in the 1st edition of S&S when I started, to present me with a "this is your mission, if you choose to accept it" approach to adding heavier sets. My job is to do the program and lift the weights :)

In the chapter Proven. Powerful. Perfected, there's a table that shows the step progression with 4kg jumps, if you wanted to go down that route. (My e-reader doesn't have page numbers, but says it's 57% through the book)

Depending on your level.. I would go 16-24-32..

Have you done any in-person or online coaching work with an SFG? That helps dial in safe form and will ensure you progress much faster

I did a SFG workshop in person but it was 2-3 years ago so memory is vague at best. I thought even a 12kg to start with may be more suited to me (I only ever could overhead 35 on a bar... so 16 1 arm may be little up there for me? yeh/no?)

I did a SFG workshop in person but it was 2-3 years ago so memory is vague at best. I thought even a 12kg to start with may be more suited to me (I only ever could overhead 35 on a bar... so 16 1 arm may be little up there for me? yeh/no?)

I would do an online assessment/review to get you up to speed..

Most healthy adult males can start with a 16kg

For a female does the weight go 8-12-16-20-24?

A guy goes 16-24-32?

For a female does the weight go 8-12-16-20-24?

A guy goes 16-24-32?

That's usually the recommendation.. Depending on what you are working on and how you progress, in between weights may be suggested as needed

I use mainly competion bells, but I have tested 32kg rogue and it's good bell. I think you need 16&24kg first. Later you need 32kg and after that you need pairs for 24kg and 32kg.
Pair of those get you damn far.

Hi Mate, I am in Oz too and got a 16k and 24k Rogue bell delivered after reading S&S. From my limted knowledge of bells they have been excellent with a nice finish and handle. I also got a box of the Rogue chalk and it works really well with the bells. I borrowed a couple of my mate's Celsius bells from Rebel initially - the Rogues are a stack better. For the price and delivery cost they are great value.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom