all posts post new thread

Kettlebell KB MP press movement question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Daniel Wade

Level 2 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
Yes, I’m new to the forum. Yes, I did try to find this thread. Anyways, I love what I have learned here in this community thus far and cannot wait for the future.
So, my question is about the MP KB press. Once racked, I have noticed the initial press phase results in a lazy “J” movement with the elbow abducting from the body slightly and the KB rotation on the ascent. Is this the SF way of teaching the press. I am coming from a BB background in which the press is more vertical, piston like.
I have watched several videos and noticed some initiate the “J” path more than others. Also, lastly, the lockout position. Does SF recommend having a slight external shoulder rotation at the top, or a complete palm facing forward lockout? This may be diving into details a little much, but this is how I learn.
Thank you all in advance for any help with this.

Path will vary a bit depending on individual anatomy and bell size. More important to keep forearm vertical with a challenging size bell and you can notice a wider J pattern as a person presses forearm back into the bell. Excellent teaching points on KB press in Enter The Kettlebell (ETK) book.

Path will vary a bit depending on individual anatomy and bell size. More important to keep forearm vertical with a challenging size bell and you can notice a wider J pattern as a person presses forearm back into the bell. Excellent teaching points on KB press in Enter The Kettlebell (ETK) book.
Thank you, Don! That actually makes more sense to me. It was something that just recently caught my eye.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom