all posts post new thread

Old Forum Kb strong and The ONE program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

tigheguy

Level 5 Valued Member
Just wondering what peoples experiences are with combining the two programs in Geoff 's book  ?

Pretty awesome for me.

Press got really easy at the end with 2x24kg (started a bit shakey) and my Swings got so good that any single bell under a 32kg feels like a toy.

Also Conditioning was solid and I lost another 5 lbs fat in that 12 weeks. :)

Mike,

What were you able to do with the double 24's when you began ths program?

Do you think you are ready for double 32's, or will you progress to 28's?

I started this with 2x24kg. Before this I had spent the past year going from 16-24kg on the ROP. I was able to finish the ROP with the full 5x 1,2,3,4,5 ladder's.

Then I took a break and went back to the PM with a mix of 16,24,32 kg bells before I started the Strong/One split. I have not tested my press on the 32kg yet and at this time I am now doing the KB Strong 8 week but with the KB Front Squat instead of the C&P due to a flare up of golfers elbow.

I plan to do this split again at a future point. Next I think I will just do the C&P program again but the short course with the 2x24kg before I try to tackle the 2x32(don't have 2x28's).

Hope that helps.

I started with ETK in March 2012 @16kg

Mike,

I wondered if doing Strong/One with double 24's would prepare you for double 32's. That seems to me  like one heck of a jump.  If you feel like you are ready to tackle the program wit 32's then that is awesome!  Hopefully I will be able to follow in your footsteps.

Did double 24's seem like a stretch for you in the beginning after having done the ROP with a 24?

Before I started this I had never done doubles.

Right when I ordered KB Strong I also picked up a second 16 and 24kg bell.

So before I started the program I watched the video and just "practiced" the basic lifts(Front Squat,Double Clean and Press and Double Swing) with the 2x16 and the 2x24 for 2 weeks. No set plan but just getting familiar with the double lifts(which are quite a bit different!)

Then I felt I could start with the 2x24kg as the 2x16 just felt really light.

So that is why I started with the 2x24kg and it was challenging but not so much that I could not finish the sets without failure.

Hope that helps!

Oh and the whole reason I got KB Strong is to later work up to 2x32 Longcycle on the ONE Program.

:D

@Jeff - I had to buy new shirts really soon after starting short course.

If you're considering it, just get the program and try not to feel surprised if you find yourself raving about it on here when you blow a ton of your old PR's out of the water.

Has anyone tried the one program with anything other than swings or double swings ? Like double snatch, double high pull or longcycle clean and jerk ?

Can either the Strong Program or the One  Program be performed with the double kettlebell exercise of choice, or are there certain exercises that are recommended for each program?

@Jeffry Tabb - I am not sure of exact Muscle mass but I will tell you this. My back and shoulders blew up and my waist got tighter and thinner. It was pretty noticeable. Some friends that I dont see often even remarked at how Strong and Trim I looked.  I am 6' and was 215 when I started the program. Last week I weighed in at 208.

Geoff lists a ton of options.

He has recommended STRONG with the C&P and also the KB Front Squat(that is what I am doing right now)

Strong program seems geared for GRINDS.(Press,Push Press,Squat)

ONE seems to me geared for Ballistics/Kinetic movements IE Swing,Snatch,Jerk,Longcycle.

That is just my understanding of the material.

I own almost every book out there on kettlebells  however I can't find Kb one and Kb strong. I have KB muscle and love it. Where can the other 2 be found.

Thanks

swings make the best choice for One since you get more reps per interval vs if you did double snatches or other movements..

Strong can be done with push presses or jerks as well

I love the material in KB Strong.

The One program alone made my snatch test feel like just another heavy swing workout. It's intense but something I no longer fear and only look to improve my time on now.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom