all posts post new thread

Kettlebell KB Strong Continuation

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Sauli , That's very kind of you to say but I'm far from a beast. I'm a 200 + pounder who's trying to become a 190 + pounder! I am impressed with the lighter guys/gals who routinely handle "bulldog" bells. I like how @Mark Limbaga in a video I saw somewhere manhandled his basic bodyweight in the long cycle for about 8 or 10 reps.

Humbled by your kind words

Ok so today I finished singles and the volume increases on Friday (triples). I finished today feeling refreshed and am going to rest up for Friday's "fun"!

Time flies for sure.

Wow, time absolutely flies! The end of next week is my rep max test signaling the end of phase 1 with the 40's. I am definitely feeling stronger and more confident using them. I am finding myself getting ready to go much more quickly and needing less rest between rounds than when I started six weeks ago. I still am forcing myself to wait the sets out and not push the density as I want to become as strong and efficient as I can with these things because, well, they're kinda heavy! I am finding that what works best for me is thinking about Geoff's cues from his video and the shoulder packing/tennis ball thing (not to give it away) when I have the bells in the rack. I have had the program and videos since 2013 but never really paid attention until recently and it's had quite an impact in my strength in a good way!

I got on the scale this morning and was 206, so I'm a little disappointed I didn't stay at 200 or below but I'm working on that again now that the summer (and summer fun eating) is over but I don't think it's all blubber as my jeans and shorts still fit comfortably and my arms are a bit thicker.

Last edited:
On another note, yesterday's workout of triples went smoothly and I'm really happy with that. Gee, who'd have believed it, you take the cues/advice from professional trainers and authors about their programs, do things according to the way they are written and suggested, don't add your own spin on it and you get results!

On another note, yesterday's workout of triples went smoothly and I'm really happy with that. Gee, who'd have believed it, you take the cues/advice from professional trainers and authors about their programs, do things according to the way they are written and suggested, don't add your own spin on it and you get results!
True story, but the bells you are using are impressive nonetheless, tough as nails crazy/smart Russian programming or not.

Last edited:
@Don Fairbanks , that's very kind of you to say. I want to get to doing at least phase 1 with double 44s while staying as light/lean as possible. Not easy particularly when you are over 50, husky by nature and love food which is no good for ya. Speaking of husky by nature, it reminds me of my childhood when my blazer size was a "husky".....a nice way of saying fat! Middle age can be tough but as I've said before growing old beats the alternative!

Ok so today I did the final week of phase one's heavy day and I'm thrilled to report I feel a great sense of accomplishment. Using the "Strong!" video's cues made a huge difference. I have a light day on Wednesday and a rep max on Friday and I'm hoping to crush it! I started with the 4th rep being so so and even if I only gain a rep or two but the reps are "better" I'll be happy. Good way to start a week!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom