all posts post new thread

Kettlebell KB Strong (Phase 1) Alternating C&J / Front Squat

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Sean M

Level 7 Valued Member
I ran Strong with 2x24kg C&P this spring and loved it. I worked up a 4-5RM to 8RM with it. What I liked about the program:
  • Logical and systematic volume progression
  • Rest periods "by feel" and only 5-10 sets makes for a time-efficient program
  • One big compound movement - C&P/PP is pull and push, C&J has a bit of a squat in it too
After the TSC I have my eye on a run of Strong again, this time with 2x32kg alternating days of C&J and Front Squat:
  • Day A: C&J
  • Day B1: Front Squat
  • Day B2: Chin-ups (ladder, stopping 1-2 rungs before rep max)
So the first two weeks:
  • Mon: C&J 10x1
  • Wed: FSQ 10x1 w/ chin ladders
  • Fri: C&J: 5x2
  • Mon: FSQ 5x2 w/ chin ladders (or not, on these heavier days)
  • Wed: C&J: 10x1
  • Fri: FSQ 10x1 w/ chin ladders
It would take longer, but that's fine with me. In fact, I would be content to run this all the way through Phase 2.

Has anyone run Strong this way (or similar)?

I ran Strong with 2x24kg C&P this spring and loved it. I worked up a 4-5RM to 8RM with it. What I liked about the program:
  • Logical and systematic volume progression
  • Rest periods "by feel" and only 5-10 sets makes for a time-efficient program
  • One big compound movement - C&P/PP is pull and push, C&J has a bit of a squat in it too
After the TSC I have my eye on a run of Strong again, this time with 2x32kg alternating days of C&J and Front Squat:
  • Day A: C&J
  • Day B1: Front Squat
  • Day B2: Chin-ups (ladder, stopping 1-2 rungs before rep max)
So the first two weeks:
  • Mon: C&J 10x1
  • Wed: FSQ 10x1 w/ chin ladders
  • Fri: C&J: 5x2
  • Mon: FSQ 5x2 w/ chin ladders (or not, on these heavier days)
  • Wed: C&J: 10x1
  • Fri: FSQ 10x1 w/ chin ladders
It would take longer, but that's fine with me. In fact, I would be content to run this all the way through Phase 2.

Has anyone run Strong this way (or similar)?

You can run it that way or just do fighter pullup program for pullups and do an easy strength approach for squats

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom