all posts post new thread

Kettlebell KB Windmill progression

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Gungnir0331

Level 4 Valued Member
Adding in KB windmills to my routine and wanted to see how you guys are programming them. Thinking of using the ladder progression from ETK. Or just sets of 3-5 each side. Goal is to get comfortable with the 32kg. Just started doing them and 24kg is super comfortable. I’m currently using 40kg on my gets ups but I wanted to try these out for a while. Thanks for any feedback

Are you programming them as a prep, primary, or accessory movement?

If its a prep or accessory you are pretty safe sticking with sets between 1-8/side depending on load and intention. Prep can be higher in reps, accessory lower, etc.

If you are using a windmill with a 32kg as a primary training goal than mixing in days of sets, rep ladders, weight ladders, or density work is a great way to get there. As always, the goal matters most.

If possible I would work with a Level 2 instructor to dial in your technique and learn some tension and mobility drills that can help. That is usually good for a bell size or 2.

Hope this helps!

Right now I’m just using them as accessory movements to my primary barbell movements. Thanks for the feedback

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom