all posts post new thread

Kettlebell KBM Recovery Days

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Brian Johnston

Level 7 Valued Member
Elite Certified Instructor
I’m looking for assistance with KBM recovery day planning. I just finished week three with 24s. The practices have been mild to moderate and I’m rarely sore or worn out afterward. I’m sticking to the Rx and have scheduled active recovery days between and IT’S KILLING ME! Getting up at 0500 to go down to my garage for a stretch and light cardio has turned into getting up at 0630 to chase my kids around and forget the cardio. I need a plan on my off days, something with some kind of progression or purpose, but I’ve not run KBM before so I don’t know at what point it’s going to be too much. Does anyone know a good partner program or complementary concept I can put to use on “active rest” days?

Alternatively, I could just need assurance that I’ll want to die at week X if I don’t take it easy.

@Mark Limbaga, there any resources available for either? Good YouTube videos or books?

@John Grahill, I’ve been sweating the lowered rest times a little but unless the intensity has some unexpected consequences I’m still thinking I’ll be frustrated with my recovery days.

-
I’m looking for assistance with KBM recovery day planning. I just finished week three with 24s. The practices have been mild to moderate and I’m rarely sore or worn out afterward. I’m sticking to the Rx and have scheduled active recovery days between and IT’S KILLING ME! Getting up at 0500 to go down to my garage for a stretch and light cardio has turned into getting up at 0630 to chase my kids around and forget the cardio. I need a plan on my off days, something with some kind of progression or purpose, but I’ve not run KBM before so I don’t know at what point it’s going to be too much. Does anyone know a good partner program or complementary concept I can put to use on “active rest” days?

- GFM or OS, as @Mark Limbaga said
- Flexible Steel
- S&S - light to medium weights, 2x/week
- or just extra rest and steak

Feel free to skip the "cardio" - especially on this kind of program.

@Pavel Macek, cardio is a strong word for what I usually plan. I’m talking a 20 min walk with the dogs or a couple light rounds of 500m on the Erg. I like the idea of light S&S. I’ll look at Mark’s recommended videos and see what sticks for me.

@Jeremykots, so far recovery isn’t the problem. I usually practice 5-6days a week so I’m just getting bored with so much free time. I’ll keep the contrast showers on tap when things pick up.

@Mark Limbaga, thanks again!

I just did my first medium day at 90sec rest, it was more a mental challenge than anything else so I’ll look into putting some of this to good use tomorrow.

@John Grahill, so far the reduced rest hasn’t been bad. Hoping that trend continues :p

@NoahMarek, I knew I’d find my huckleberry! That’s really what I want to do but I’m pretty sure that would fall squarely into the category of not following the program. Trying to stay away from it, but I appreciate the vote of confidence!

Where are people still getting KBM? Seems like some ancient missing relic to me. Are people still able to email Geoff to buy a copy?

When I'm not doing my main program or GTG naked warrior, my favourite ways to scratch the itch are mace work, crawling/OS and hanging/parallel bar supports or just some mobility work. I always find that unless I overdo it, this stuff doesn't take too much away from the budget.

Where are people still getting KBM? Seems like some ancient missing relic to me. Are people still able to email Geoff to buy a copy?

Ebay mostly. Or from members of this forum. Since there was never a digital edition and D*D* still holds the rights to KBM, it makes no sense to bother Geoff with it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom