all posts post new thread

Keep moving

2.2 km (2 minutes run - 1 minute walk)
20 x ( :15 on/:15 off) snatch (16 kg kb)
20 x ( :15 on/:15 off) snatch (16 kg kb)

Love working out in the forest.
Did you take the 16 with you on the walk run or go out and back each time, then do snatches? How many snatches are you getting in, 7 in 15 seconds?

I dig the forest, it's a magical place ?, where are you located?

Did you take the 16 with you on the walk run or go out and back each time, then do snatches? How many snatches are you getting in, 7 in 15 seconds?

I dig the forest, it's a magical place ?, where are you located?
I park my car at a small parking lot. I go for a run (the 2.2 km round). When back at the car, I take the kb out of the trunk for the first 20 sets. Than the kb back in the car, go for the second round (run/walk) etc.

Today I did for the first time the run/walk combo. Wanted to see how that feels to save my worn knee a bit. Did like it somehow.

I do 7 reps per 15 secs. Guess I can get 8 reps in, but stay at 7. Still enough reps at the end :)

I am located in the South of the Netherlands, quite close to the Belgium and German borders

I park my car at a small parking lot. I go for a run (the 2.2 km round). When back at the car, I take the kb out of the trunk for the first 20 sets. Than the kb back in the car, go for the second round (run/walk) etc.

Today I did for the first time the run/walk combo. Wanted to see how that feels to save my worn knee a bit. Did like it somehow.

I do 7 reps per 15 secs. Guess I can get 8 reps in, but stay at 7. Still enough reps at the end :)

I am located in the South of the Netherlands, quite close to the Belgium and German borders
I like it!

When doing VWC I did 8 reps per 30 sec, worked up to 40 mins.. it's very glycolytic and demanding in terms of recovery.. I like how you're dosing it for 10 minutes, that's a nice stimulus. Lately I'm into combining things differently and like the results, it also helps keep me from going stale.

There's some beautiful countryside over there, one day I'm going to visit Europe. I'd love to explore over there on a motorcycle!

I like it!

When doing VWC I did 8 reps per 30 sec, worked up to 40 mins.. it's very glycolytic and demanding in terms of recovery.. I like how you're dosing it for 10 minutes, that's a nice stimulus. Lately I'm into combining things differently and like the results, it also helps keep me from going stale.

There's some beautiful countryside over there, one day I'm going to visit Europe. I'd love to explore over there on a motorcycle!
This way it brakes it up somehow. Most I did in 1 set was 50 sets, but I like it this way more

Inspired by @Brett S and @The Nail I finally grabbed the 6kg mace for some swings to warm up the shoulders.

3 x 10/10 mace 360's
5 x 5/5 press (22 kg kb)
5 ROUNDS OF:
- 2 minutes rest
- 4 x 5 snatch (22 kg kb),*
5 x 5/5 press (22 kg kb)

* 5 snatch per 30 secs.

7 km walk

Last edited:
Inspired by @Brett S and @The Nail I finally grabbed the 6kg mace for some swings to warm up the shoulders.

3 x 10/10 mace 360's
5 x 5/5 press (22 kg kb)
5 ROUNDS OF:
- 2 minutes rest
- 4 x 5 snatch (22 kg kb),*
5 x 5/5 press (22 kg kb)

* 5 snatch per 30 secs.

7 km walk
The first mace I made was 13 lbs, it was a perfect start weight, what was your impression of it?

The first mace I made was 13 lbs, it was a perfect start weight, what was your impression of it?
I had used the mace before. First one I bought was a 10 kg. But that one was too heavy to use for 360's. So got a 6 kg one. Good starting weight and it really feels good to use. Do not know why I stopped using it. Probably other stuff I wanted to use too. But should use it more regular. Perfect to warm up the shoulders and fun to use. Thanks to your post it became back on my mind.

I had used the mace before. First one I bought was a 10 kg. But that one was too heavy to use for 360's. So got a 6 kg one. Good starting weight and it really feels good to use. Do not know why I stopped using it. Probably other stuff I wanted to use too. But should use it more regular. Perfect to warm up the shoulders and fun to use. Thanks to your post it became back on my mind.
Ahh good! Mace is something I picked up slowly, then as sessions started to increase I started to see benefits I couldn't ignore and my gut instinct told me it was a powerful tool that acts on the body in positive ways that are hard to quantify at times.. now I'm feeling similarly with burpees.

Is this 24 minutes snatching total? 12 mins continuous snatching then?
That is correct. 4 rounds of 6 minutes each round. Followed bu run/walk and that was repeated 4 times. I wanted to give this a try and I must admin I really enjoyed it.

That is correct. 4 rounds of 6 minutes each round. Followed bu run/walk and that was repeated 4 times. I wanted to give this a try and I must admin I really enjoyed it.
Thanks, mixing things up is good in many ways I think, and more enjoyable and/or natural maybe..

Back
Top Bottom