all posts post new thread

Keep moving

How do you find training with the mace in comparison with the kettlebell out of interest?
I really like the combination. I feel they fit perfectly together. Also they warm up my shoulders greatly. I prefer the 360's way over the halo's. Also more fun to do in my personal opinion.

The Mace and kettlebells do appear to complement each other incredibly well; I’ll have to take a proper look at them, easy to learn?
Yes, but startight. The first one I bought was a 10 kg, because I could get it half price but although it was only 10 kg it was too heavy to start with. So bought a 6 kg one. That was great. After a long time using it I bought an 8 kg so a smaller increment. Still using that one and sometimes still the 6 kg. The 10 Kg is still not in use.

So be smart and start light.

be smart and start light.
Agreed and good advice.. the first mace I made was 13 lbs.

Glad your back is feeling better, the injury was likely from the double OH work as you suggested. It's easy to lose concentration and not clamp glutes down hard enough, I've done it before.

Agreed and good advice.. the first mace I made was 13 lbs.

Glad your back is feeling better, the injury was likely from the double OH work as you suggested. It's easy to lose concentration and not clamp glutes down hard enough, I've done it before.
When i was first trying out doubles i started with swings and hurt my back going too far with the hike between the legs. I do prefer single work for some reason.

5 ROUNDS OF:
- 10 x ( :15 on/:15 off) KB snatch (16 kg kb)
- 400 m. run
3.3 km run (had to stop due to cramping in my calf)
1200 m. Walk back

Quite annoyed because of the cramping. The calf is still very painfull. Had not had this for a few years now, so had hoped it was over. Hipefully it won't take weeks again, before I can resume running.

Back
Top Bottom