all posts post new thread

Keep moving

7 ROUNDS OF:
- 10 x ( :15 on/:15 off) snatch (16 kg kb)
- 2 minutes rest
I like the way you're cycling snatches in that template.. it stops a runaway HR. Are you monitoring or just going by feel? Higher HR training carries expensive recovery costs for me.

I like the way you're cycling snatches in that template.. it stops a runaway HR. Are you monitoring or just going by feel? Higher HR training carries expensive recovery costs for me.
When working out I have somehow always a high heartrate. But heartrate drops quickly. Today I decided to take 2 minutes of rest after 5 minutes of work. After the 7th round my heartrate was after 2 minutes slightly above 150. So decided to stop. First few rounds heart rate dropped well.

When working out I have somehow always a high heartrate. But heartrate drops quickly. Today I decided to take 2 minutes of rest after 5 minutes of work. After the 7th round my heartrate was after 2 minutes slightly above 150. So decided to stop. First few rounds heart rate dropped well.
You're doing it right I think, 150 would be RedZone territory for me. You being younger it's natural for you to have a higher heart rate.. I think the interval type training you're doing along with long easy distance is a great way to train aerobically. I should probably get into the red zone at least once every couple weeks, but for now I'm being very stingy with my recovery dollar.

Nice work! How's the 22k feeling?
Feels good this way. But not (yet) for a :15/:15 protocol :) . Only a muscle around the left elbow feels a bit tight, maybe should have warmed up more. Not sure it it was caused by the kb or cb. In the past had it a few times also with clubbell work.

Feels good this way. But not (yet) for a :15/:15 protocol :) . Only a muscle around the left elbow feels a bit tight, maybe should have warmed up more. Not sure it it was caused by the kb or cb. In the past had it a few times also with clubbell work.
Hmmm.. you haven't mentioned too much CB work since I've been following you, that kind of thing needs a GTG type format for adaptation I think? Mace is the same way, if you don't do it regularly, then you have to ease into it.

Hmmm.. you haven't mentioned too much CB work since I've been following you, that kind of thing needs a GTG type format for adaptation I think? Mace is the same way, if you don't do it regularly, then you have to ease into it.
Used both very irregular lately.

Thanks, maybe a good idea to use this workout and next workout the mace swings and vwc snatches and change the 2 every time
Yes, that could work very well. This week I'm doing strictly mace work as a bit of a deload for the anterior. I'm interested to see how I feel next week though I won't draw any conclusions, I've been feeling 'off' for a few weeks now so this is just a scramble to maybe learn a little bit as I work to solve the current problem.

Yes, that could work very well. This week I'm doing strictly mace work as a bit of a deload for the anterior. I'm interested to see how I feel next week though I won't draw any conclusions, I've been feeling 'off' for a few weeks now so this is just a scramble to maybe learn a little bit as I work to solve the current problem.
Hopefully it works.

Was amazed by my last used of the mace. 10 rounds of 5/5 of 360's. Done every minute. Felt really good before the snatches and even theight weight of 6 kg felt it thoroughly ,(in a good way) the next day. Want to stay on it and hopefully be able to use the 10 kg in a couple of months.

Hopefully it works.

Was amazed by my last used of the mace. 10 rounds of 5/5 of 360's. Done every minute. Felt really good before the snatches and even theight weight of 6 kg felt it thoroughly ,(in a good way) the next day. Want to stay on it and hopefully be able to use the 10 kg in a couple of months.
Yes indeed, mace makes my shoulders feel like they're rooted more firmly onto the torso, and the arms feel much more connected to lats as well as pecs. Heavy mace is pretty good for hypertrophy I think, if you have the skill developed to avoid elbow problems.
Also the frontal chain feels just bulletproof, after doing high rep mace I could do 'around the world' leg raises for the first time without LB pain.

Yes indeed, mace makes my shoulders feel like they're rooted more firmly onto the torso, and the arms feel much more connected to lats as well as pecs. Heavy mace is pretty good for hypertrophy I think, if you have the skill developed to avoid elbow problems.
Also the frontal chain feels just bulletproof, after doing high rep mace I could do 'around the world' leg raises for the first time without LB pain.
I would love a mace eventually. How much carryover or similar effects do you see with halos? Which seems like the same basic movement.

Back
Top Bottom