all posts post new thread

Keep moving

Ya, i really like what @Bret S. said about it making the anterior bulletproof. Like what front squats do for the posterior.
Agree. Guess by the time I can do these with the 10 kg, I will become bullet proof. I had bought that one first, but was too heavy to use safely. So bought a 6 kg, that was a good/ smart choice.

I would love a mace eventually. How much carryover or similar effects do you see with halos? Which seems like the same basic movement.
For me only the movement pattern is similar, dynamic loading/pulsing with mace is where the magic is I think, the ballistic aspect seems to make all the difference.

Looks like you're gaining some training momentum.. good to see!
Thanks. Went a bit slower on the run today. Since covid I have sometimes those days it seems I cannot get enough opgenomen or it feels like I am out of breath. Since yesterday it happens again, but I felt I still will be able to go. The slower run felt actually very good and the snatches felt good too. Planned to do 20 rounds, but felt I could go on and on. But decided to stop at 30.

Thanks. Went a bit slower on the run today. Since covid I have sometimes those days it seems I cannot get enough opgenomen or it feels like I am out of breath. Since yesterday it happens again, but I felt I still will be able to go. The slower run felt actually very good and the snatches felt good too. Planned to do 20 rounds, but felt I could go on and on. But decided to stop at 30.
Yes, since I had the problem with my leg I'm slowing it down, in my training scheme running is a recovery tool as well as an aerobic base builder. Running faster doesn't necessarily further those goals, and can be detrimental. A good comfortable pace for me is around 4-1/2 miles per hour, maybe a little more but that's it.

Halfway the nightshifts. So not much sleep. Decided to do a short routine and go for 24 sets of snatches. At that point I thought, well than make it 30. At 30 decided to do a few more rounds and made it to 40. More was not possible today.

5 x 5/5 mace 360's
40 x ( :15 on/:15 off) snatch (16 kg kb)
5 x 5/5 mace 360's
1 minute mace 10 to 2's

Halfway the nightshifts. So not much sleep. Decided to do a short routine and go for 24 sets of snatches. At that point I thought, well than make it 30. At 30 decided to do a few more rounds and made it to 40. More was not possible today.

5 x 5/5 mace 360's
40 x ( :15 on/:15 off) snatch (16 kg kb)
5 x 5/5 mace 360's
1 minute mace 10 to 2's
Way to gitter done!
Those sessions we don't feel like doing but do it anyway, are what keeps us getting stronger and fitter. An abbreviated session is far better than none at all.

Way to gitter done!
Those sessions we don't feel like doing but do it anyway, are what keeps us getting stronger and fitter. An abbreviated session is far better than none at all.
I like abbreviated sessions better anyway. Never liked 100 different ecercise routines. Like to keep it simple so I can remember what I have to do ?

ladder 1 - 20 squats supersetted with 200 m run*
20 x 6 snatch (22 kg kb)
4 x 10/10 mace 360's

200 m run - 1 squat
200 m run - 2 squats
200 m run - 3 squats
continue untill
200 m run - 20 squats
slow run to starting point
Total 210 squats & 4.4 km run

ladder 1 - 20 squats supersetted with 200 m run*
20 x 6 snatch (22 kg kb)