all posts post new thread

Keep moving

That is why I "adopted" this place as my forest gym. But during the run I came across more people than expected
I'm the same way, preferring solitude when with the pup, he doesn't talk much.. which is nice haha

I love being on the trail in the rain when nobody's around, one rainy/sunny day I ran into (literally) a Western Diamonback rattler.. he could have nailed me but didn't. Got a picture of him as he made his escape, need to find that one. It bums me out when bike riders scare off the snakes, I really love the shy creatures, and they don't mess with you if you're not an idiot around them.

I'm the same way, preferring solitude when with the pup, he doesn't talk much.. which is nice haha

I love being on the trail in the rain when nobody's around, one rainy/sunny day I ran into (literally) a Western Diamonback rattler.. he could have nailed me but didn't. Got a picture of him as he made his escape, need to find that one. It bums me out when bike riders scare off the snakes, I really love the shy creatures, and they don't mess with you if you're not an idiot around them.
Running in the forest gives you sometimes nice encounter with shy animals. Really like that

No kettlebell today, just the bulgarian bag mace bwe work and some running to welcome the daylight.

5 ROUNDS OF:
- 10/10 bulgarian bag spins
- 10 pushups
- 5/5 mace 360's
5 x (10/10 bulgarian bag spins & 10 pushups)
800 run - 400 m walk
- 40 squats
800 m run - 400 m walk
- 40/40 lunges
800 run - 400 m walk
- 40 squats
800 m run - 400 m walk
- 40/40 lunges
800 m run - 400 m walk

No kettlebell today, just the bulgarian bag mace bwe work and some running to welcome the daylight.

5 ROUNDS OF:
- 10/10 bulgarian bag spins
- 10 pushups
- 5/5 mace 360's
5 x (10/10 bulgarian bag spins & 10 pushups)
800 run - 400 m walk
- 40 squats
800 m run - 400 m walk
- 40/40 lunges
800 run - 400 m walk
- 40 squats
800 m run - 400 m walk
- 40/40 lunges
800 m run - 400 m walk
Nice session !
Yesterday on our trail run the weather was cool and it rained the during the night, the sun was burning off some moisture and the plants were steaming in the sunlight on the sides of the trail.. it was awesome!

Yesterday I welcomed the daylight and today I said goodnight to the daylight.

4 ROUNDS OF:
- 5 x 1/1 clean & press (22 kg kb)
- 10 pushups
4 ROUNDS OF:
- 5/5 bent over rows (24 kg kb)
- 5 x 1/1 snatch (24 kg kb)
4 ROUNDS OF:
- 15 swings (24 kg kb)
- 5 goblet squats (24 kg kb)
- 3 pushups20211027_183219.jpg20211027_192226.jpg

Hey yesterday's post is still waiting here to be posted.

4 ROUNDS OF:
- 30 secs. swings (22 kg kb)
- 30 secs. plank
- 1 minute squats
10 MINUTES:
- 18 - 20 - 22 kg kb
3 press (change kb and side every time)*
10 MINUTES:
- 18 - 20 - 22 kg kb
5 lunges (change kb and side every time)*
- 8 x :)20 on/:10 off) long press (20 kg kb)
- 8 x :)20 on/:10 off) long press (18 kg kb)

* with presses and lunges change side and kb every round. so 3 press left (18 kg kb) - 3 press right (20 kg kb) - 3 press left (22 kg kb) - 3 press right (18 kg kb) etc.
Same with lunges, except 5 reps each.

long press aka thruster, change side every round.

Attachments

• 20211029_113355.jpg
    20211029_113355.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 0
4 ROUNDS OF:
- 30 secs. swings (22 kg kb)
- 30 secs. plank
- 1 minute squats
10 MINUTES:
- 18 - 20 - 22 kg kb
3 press (change kb and side every time)*
10 MINUTES:
- 18 - 20 - 22 kg kb
5 lunges (change kb and side every time)*
- 8 x :)20 on/:10 off) long press (20 kg kb)
- 8 x :)20 on/:10 off) long press (18 kg kb)

* with presses and lunges change side and kb every round. so 3 press left (18 kg kb) - 3 press right (20 kg kb) - 3 press left (22 kg kb) - 3 press right (18 kg kb) etc.
Same with lunges, except 5 reps each.

long press aka thruster, change side every round.
Is this you thinking up stuff? I like it

Is this you thinking up stuff? I like it
Some stuff I think of myself and sometimes, like yesterday's is others stuff (eg patt flynn or geopend neupert) but add my own twist to it. Eg yesterday I replaced 1 minute of jumping rope by 1 minute of squats (jumping rope gives lots of time trouble to my knee). Sometimes I change more.

Some stuff I think of myself and sometimes, like yesterday's is others stuff (eg patt flynn or geopend neupert) but add my own twist to it. Eg yesterday I replaced 1 minute of jumping rope by 1 minute of squats (jumping rope gives lots of time trouble to my knee). Sometimes I change more.
Very good man!
You're like me, I like to take stuff and customize it, makes ad-hoc training very enjoyable.

When my shoulder's ready I'm going to hit a programmed snatch cycle I think. It'll be good to settle into the winter with something going. Snatch, mace, push-ups and pull-ups check damn near all the strength boxes for me.. those along with run, walk, row, and ruck I don't need much more. May get a bicycle at some point in the near future. Just another type aerobic tool to play with.

Very good man!
You're like me, I like to take stuff and customize it, makes ad-hoc training very enjoyable.

When my shoulder's ready I'm going to hit a programmed snatch cycle I think. It'll be good to settle into the winter with something going. Snatch, mace, push-ups and pull-ups check damn near all the strength boxes for me.. those along with run, walk, row, and ruck I don't need much more. May get a bicycle at some point in the near future. Just another type aerobic tool to play with.
Yip, jyst a few basic exercises does all thevtricks. Never enjoyed myself those flows work you see at social media where they attach a million exercises to each other. I just prefer simple work./ stuff.

I like to think of you as the mad scientist tinkering in your wooden shop in the woods of Europe. Maybe you’re more like mad wizard then? I love it!
Bret I obviously love snatching. I think the cucle I accidentally stumbled upon is prepping me quite nicely for another go at ROP. It’s almost a year ago now that I completed it with the 20k (quite easily) and hurt my elbows when i went up to the 24k. Since then I’ve achieved simple, and acquainted myself with the 32k quite well. Now that i have to snatch light and high volume i feel as though I’m hammering in the strength from soju and tuba cycle with the endurance of the ciampa a+a snatching. I’m hoping it all culminates to a successful ROP cycle that gets me closer to the 5 min snatch test, and 1/2 bodyweight press. 1/2 body weight press is going to take a lot of time to get to…sorry for highjacking the convo but I felt it.

Never enjoyed myself those flows work you see at social media where they attach a million exercises to each other. I just prefer simple work./ stuff.
Yep, they're not for me either. I think people get fancy with flows to avoid work.. shrug..

Bret I obviously love snatching. I think the cucle I accidentally stumbled upon is prepping me quite nicely for another go at ROP. It’s almost a year ago now that I completed it with the 20k (quite easily) and hurt my elbows when i went up to the 24k. Since then I’ve achieved simple, and acquainted myself with the 32k quite well. Now that i have to snatch light and high volume i feel as though I’m hammering in the strength from soju and tuba cycle with the endurance of the ciampa a+a snatching. I’m hoping it all culminates to a successful ROP cycle that gets me closer to the 5 min snatch test, and 1/2 bodyweight press. 1/2 body weight press is going to take a lot of time to get to…sorry for highjacking the convo but I felt it.
Speaking of high rep snatching, can't remember if I mentioned this before, VWC had some serious WTH effects. The max getup weight I ever did was right after VWC.. and I had not been training getups at that time, at least not steadily. Other effects were very good too, problem is CNS gets fried when you do too much like I did.

The ST you have to train for specifically unless you're one of the androids walking around. I used Brett Jones SFG prep protocol training for SFG testing, that program is pretty intense. After SFG I bought a bunch of Geoff Neupert's programs, a video on pressing really helped me later with ROP. There's a checklist of things to do for every press, in the end pressing is a very small part of the process. Prepping the body for the press, even without pressing will make you stronger on its own.

Kenneth Jay has an in depth pressing book I read also. There is a lot to pressing, and going for a 1/2 BW press requires you to dig it up and implement it. I got GN's stuff in hopes of doing heavy doubles work, then my shoulder had other ideas.. so snatching it is for this cowboy.

I hope you get that elbow sorted out, they can be a real pain.. literally.

I used to chase for heavier weights, but noticed lately I have more effect with the lighter bells. Maybe I will go slightly heavier again, but for now this works perfect for me.

Say goodbye to october and first day of the wintertime. So it will be dark early today.

1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1 press (22 kg kb)
4 ROUNDS OF:
- 5 (double 20 kg kb) cleans
- 3/3 renegade rows (double 20 kg kb)
- 30 secs. plank
12 x 5/5 snatch (22 kg kb)

Back
Top Bottom