all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Keeping it basic

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Ricky01

Level 6 Valued Member
Hey all

I hope you are all staying safe and well?!

I just wanted to feedback some results from a friend/client - what he is doing works well as a movement practice at home so might work for others too.

Anyway:
He moves everyday, even if he knows he should rest. So I needed to give him something to do everyday.

Our areas of focus are gait pattern and rotational (and anti rotational) pattern work.

Daily movement:

Gait pattern - he has a garden and so is out crawling (forwards, backwards, lateral .... using mini bands around feet/knees and/or wrists). Usually anywhere from 2-10 minutes (depending on type/load etc).

Rotation/anti rotation - side plank clams with knees down to work rotation/anti rotation muscles of the core, shoulder stabalisers....as well as hip abduction muscles (also hip rotators). The knees down and being bent allows for some hamstring flexion as well.
Usually for anywhere from 10-30 reps a side.

He sometimes swaps in band work eg band alphabets in split squat. Wood chop movements wtc.

Also - a couple of sets of hardstyle planks for 2-3 sets of 10 seconds.

Additions to that - he adds in 'slow' (a cadence of about 4/4) bodyweight movements to failure one day a week....(and maybe a deq loaded carries on a different day).
Usually just one set per movement until failure to control movement properly (as opposed to failure to complete a repetition).

He attributes the daily movements for a great increase in fitness, strength and body comp.

Just thought I would pass this on.

Stay safe

Richard

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom