all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Keeping Russian Fighter gains

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Miguel Sunen

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello everyone! This is my first post and I'm excited about becoming part of the community.
I am currently ruling the Russian fighter pull up protocol to pass a physical test to get in the Spanish Police Force. My main goal was reaching 17 dead hang strict pull ups and I'm pretty close to that, weighting around 82 kg (180 lbs). I would like to ask you for advice to keep those numbers once I finish the plan, since Russian Fighter pull up practices are quite demanding and I would like to prioritize the running test once I get the goal. Thank you very much.

I went from 15 to 22 on the FPP at around 80kg IIRC.

I then switched to an easy GTG 3 days per week, fairly low total reps, and low reps per set, and still hit 18 when I retested months later.

Ola Miguel,

Have you considered doing a grease the groove once you shift focus to your running?
Hola Mark. Would be a great option, since it is quite simple and not very demanding. I also read a Pavel article about doing weighted pull ups with small weights (25 lbs max) to improve total bw reps and I was considering running it with simple ladders.
I went from 15 to 22 on the FPP at around 80kg IIRC.

I then switched to an easy GTG 3 days per week, fairly low total reps, and low reps per set, and still hit 18 when I retested months later.
Thank you for your feedback, definitely trying GTG.

Hola Mark. Would be a great option, since it is quite simple and not very demanding. I also read a Pavel article about doing weighted pull ups with small weights (25 lbs max) to improve total bw reps and I was considering running it with simple ladders.

Thank you for your feedback, definitely trying GTG.
Go for it start with 50% of what you're capable of doing all out...

What is your max pull-up number at the moment?? And when is your PFT exam?

Go for it start with 50% of what you're capable of doing all out...

What is your max pull-up number at the moment?? And when is your PFT exam?
Currently repping 14 for the program, my PR may be 2 or 3 reps above, I'll know once I test it.
Date hasn't been published yet, 2 or 3 months would be a realistic expectation.

Currently repping 14 for the program, my PR may be 2 or 3 reps above, I'll know once I test it.
Date hasn't been published yet, 2 or 3 months would be a realistic expectation.
Id GTG 7-8 reps for 2 weeks just to build momentum

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom