all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Keeping Tension out of the Face and Neck when practicing High Tension Techniques

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Keeping tension out of your face and neck is a skill that has to be learned.
For me, it is crucial to focus on the abs.
In order to get a feeling for your abs do the following before every training session( or whenever you feel like it)

1a: SF hip bridge (keep your lower back on the floor when you lay down. Do not allow a gap between your lower back and the floor): 3x5
1b: dead bugs (same rules as 1a): 3x5

Once you get the feeling for your abs you can probably master to tense them without tensing your face.

I understand smiling, but I can't imagine singing or talking. What about humming?

SURE. :)
I just say talking or singing because you are still breathing while doing those. If am a coaching a smaller group and do not have assistance like I would at a certification, I am coaching while demoing and it as reinforced the relaxed face while keeping the body tight... mainly because I did not have an option to not practice this skill.

SURE. :)
I just say talking or singing because you are still breathing while doing those. If am a coaching a smaller group and do not have assistance like I would at a certification, I am coaching while demoing and it as reinforced the relaxed face while keeping the body tight... mainly because I did not have an option to not practice this skill.

That makes more sense now from an instructor perspective. Thanks. I think that I could talk through my getup now that I think about it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom