all posts post new thread

Nutrition Keto working for me

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

morrisda

Level 2 Valued Member
All

I have struggled with weight, tried to use for years, but decided I really do need to dry a few. I went full Keto about a month ago, and it has worked well, I have dropped about 17 pds. To me this is almost a side effect, the best is the lack of cravings and the energy and steady blood sugar all day. Typically I will have coffee with 1 TBSP of MCT and 3 Tbls spoons of cream in the AM, and some ays I will skip lunch and eat at night. When I do this, I don't really have cravings anymore, but yes at 6pm I am hungry. Hungry and cravings are 2 different things. Some days I will eat a can of sardines and a avocado for lunch. Supper is typically 8 oz of steak, maybe more, maybe some cheese, and usually veggies or salad. For first 2 weeks I measured blood ketones twice a day and glucose twice a day. Honestly I don't know if I will do this for ever, but I still need to drop another 70 lbs or so and as long as I feel good and keep losing I will stick with this. Would hope I can go to a more primal approach i.e. 100g of carbs a day at some point. I also can see that IF can be accomplished either the 8/6 or maybe even 4/20. As of now not sure I could do it with out the fat in the Am to tide me over.

I've used ketosis to lose weight very effectively but very low carbohydrate is a pain to maintain. 50g or less daily can be really hard. Sometimes I just want a sandwich but thats 60% of my daily allowance!!!!! Ketosis to me is just a means to an end and not a long(er) term lifestyle. Interestingly enough once I have been in ketosis for a few weeks pretty much nothing that I eat on any one day kicks me out except momentarily. I am back in ketosis by the next morning. BTW if you have access to a cryosauna in your area, ketosis plus once or twice per week cold therapy is a very effective weight loss combination, in my experience.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom