all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettle Gryp

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Michael Scott

Level 7 Valued Member
I came across this product (Kettle Gryp) when going through my Google news feed this morning. I was wondering if anyone had heard of them, or used them. If it is as good as advertised, it would make travel & working out with kettlebells easier.

KETTLE-GRYP-Bell-in-it.jpg

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this, so please move this thread if it belongs elsewhere.

I've never used it but its only rated to 24kg (55lbs). depending on what weight your working with it may be better to work pull ups, pistols, and whatever dumbbell work you want.

Keep away from that.
It's absolutely not practical, because of the way it "grips" the dumbbell. That way the ends of the dumbbell will always hit your thighs and make swings impossible (unless you use just those small pink 1-5lbs dumbbells).
If you want something like that go for the Kettle Clamp (see picture).
kettle-bell-clamp-web2_1.jpg

Considering you can only really use either of these for swings (I can't imagine either performing get-ups or presses/snatches comfortably with either of these), you might as well get a Hungarian Core Blaster loadable handle or Kettlestrap (Spud Inc Heavyweight Kettlestrap).

Dumbbell get-ups are always a good option when you find yourself without KBs. If you're careful, you can always perform double dumbbell swings outside the knees à la John Grimek and a number of old-school lifters.

As an alternative, put 'travel kettlebell' into your search engine of choice and you'll find a number of alternative travel-friendly kettlebell(ish) options. If you've got an imagination and access to a hardware or army surplus store, you can probably 'MacGyver' yourself a solution that will be suitable for your needs on the road for less money.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom