all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Kettlebell, Bodyweight and Rings based workouts for BUD/S

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jaime Sanabria

Level 2 Valued Member
What would be the best fitness plan/movements to consider to meet the physical demands of Navy SEAL training (BUD/S) given that it consists of thousands of reps of pushups, situps, pullups, dips, etc (other calisthenic movements) daily, hours of log and boat pt, obstacle course runs, as well as timed runs and swims (to include serious treading skills). I have available to me the following:
-gymnastic rings
-1x 16 kg kettlebell
-1x 24kg kettlebell
-1x 32kg kettlebell
-a lap pool

What sort of running/swimming protocols would be best for this sort of high volume, medium speed endurance? LSD? Repeat training? Anti-glycolytic?

I can buy more kettlebells if need be. I appreciate the help in advance. Thank you!

Additionally how far from BUD/S are you. The further away from the event you are, the more general your training can be is a rule of thumb I've learned around here.

Might want to check out this article just posted here. May give you some ideas.

Gotcha, thank you! It did help, but also mentioned that this sort of open ended design shouldn't be the bulk of my training so I was just wondering what that would consist of.

Additionally how far from BUD/S are you. The further away from the event you are, the more general your training can be is a rule of thumb I've learned around here.
I am a few months out at the moment, so my training is quite general, a lot of kettlebell snatches and the sort closely aligned with the RKC, but I would still like to try and plan for the 3 or so months right before BUD/S just in case I need to buy any extra bells or clubs, etc.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom