all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell Burn 2.0

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JamesPTA

Level 7 Valued Member
After 16 weeks of double KB work, I will begin Geoff Neupert's Burn 2.0. This week, I have been lightly practicing the skills as part of my de-load week.

I chose Burn 2.0 as way to get back to some of the base skills while also smoothing out any asymmetries from all the double KB work I've been doing. Some of the exercise selections will also help build on my weakest points with some of the basic 6 movements.

I'm going to spend the first few weeks focusing on form and getting it dialed in before I start to focus on increasing the volume. As Geoff preaches in the program: Quality over quantity.

Has anyone else ran through Burn 2.0, and if so, how did you enjoy it?

Last edited:
I used burn reloaded (the newest iteration)

Liked it.. Got pretty strong overall (managed 3 consecutive reps 40kg getup both sides)

Made some adjustments to the swings as the approach here was more glycolitic

I used burn reloaded (the newest iteration)

Liked it.. Got pretty strong overall (managed 3 consecutive reps 40kg getup both sides)

Made some adjustments to the swings as the approach here was more glycolitic
Funny... I actually asked Geoff about how he might do this the other day. His responses were:
1. Respecting the "nasal breathing" and fatigue indicators
2. Adjusting the rest between sets
3. Selecting the right exercises - primarily ballistics
4. Keeping the set duration short - 20s or less (on average)

Last edited:
After 16 weeks of double KB work, I will begin Geoff Neupert's Burn 2.0. This week, I have been lightly practicing the skills as part of my de-load week.

I chose Burn 2.0 as way to get back to some of the base skills while also smoothing out any asymmetries from all the double KB work I've been doing. Some of the exercise selections will also help build on my weakest points with some of the basic 6 movements.

I'm going to spend the first few weeks focusing on form and getting it dialed in before I start to focus on increasing the volume. As Geoff preaches in the program: Quality of quantity.

Has anyone else ran through Burn 2.0, and if so, how did you enjoy it?

Burn 2.0 is the 3 days per week, done for 4 week blocks?

Ran it this summer. It's a great foundation for conditioning. The metabolic contrasters especially with the lunge are real lung blasters.

I loved it. I did make some adjustments. Dropping down in weight. And for the snatch I just did 200 with a reasonable pace for the 15 minutes. I don't snatch heavy anymore, use a 45.

If you're on the 'gram, I posted my training logs with the hashtag #kettlebellburnreloaded

You can take a peek to get some ideas

Phase 1 is in the books! I managed to add a substantial amount of reps with each workout without compromising form.

I have a question regarding Phase 2. Phase 1 had 2HSW as the finisher and will now be going to 1HSW. Should I use the same bell? I know the ultimate goal is to get to performing heavy snatches by phase 3, so am interested in your opinions.

Phase 1 is in the books! I managed to add a substantial amount of reps with each workout without compromising form.

I have a question regarding Phase 2. Phase 1 had 2HSW as the finisher and will now be going to 1HSW. Should I use the same bell? I know the ultimate goal is to get to performing heavy snatches by phase 3, so am interested in your opinions.
Nice job, @JamesPTA !

Yes, you should be able to handle the same sized KB. If not, go down a size or two.

Definitely go down 1-2 sizes as needed

Update:

Today was the last day of Phase 2 that I used as a test day for C&P. Prior to starting, I could perform with great difficulty a single press on both sides with the 32kg. Today, I managed to grind out triples on both side! I need to emphasize the word "grind." Also, I doubled my chin ups from 3 reps to 6 reps today. I chose chin ups because pull ups aggravate an old forearm injury on my R.

Physical Changes: Very noticeable changes in body composition. This is very much not a goal of mine, but everything is more defined, and clothes fit tighter while the scale changes very little.

On to phase 3!

Update:

Today was the last day of Phase 2 that I used as a test day for C&P. Prior to starting, I could perform with great difficulty a single press on both sides with the 32kg. Today, I managed to grind out triples on both side! I need to emphasize the word "grind." Also, I doubled my chin ups from 3 reps to 6 reps today. I chose chin ups because pull ups aggravate an old forearm injury on my R.

Physical Changes: Very noticeable changes in body composition. This is very much not a goal of mine, but everything is more defined, and clothes fit tighter while the scale changes very little.

On to phase 3!
Nice work, James!

I’m heading into my final week of 2.0. Excellent program that made every article of clothing fit tighter while at the same time allowed me move up notches on my belt. Also at the same time, I’ve been able to progress my press RM from 1 to 4 with 32kg.

I have used the videos from the Legacy collection to prepare me for RMF and have practiced the LCCJ on my off days. @Mark Limbaga was gracious to help me correct issues I’ve been having with my form. (Everyone who is not an instructor should utilize the privilege of having instructors as resources, by the way.)

For RMF, I am going to intermittently use 2x20 and 2x24 during the intro strength phase found in Express Ultra to improve my confidence before I attack the full program. 16 full week of the long cycle!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom