all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell burn Phase2

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Reubenz

Level 3 Valued Member
Tomorrow i will complete the first phase of kettlebell burn 2.0 and i have already lost 2.1 kg. Now to my question. In phase 2 i am somewhat confused with one hand swing. It says that you should switch hands after every work set. So does this mean i do 5 reps one handed swings and rest for 15 seconds and do 5 reps with the right?Or do i do both left and right and rest 15 sec afterwards?Its kinda confusing.

Tomorrow i will complete the first phase of kettlebell burn 2.0 and i have already lost 2.1 kg. Now to my question. In phase 2 i am somewhat confused with one hand swing. It says that you should switch hands after every work set. So does this mean i do 5 reps one handed swings and rest for 15 seconds and do 5 reps with the right?Or do i do both left and right and rest 15 sec afterwards?Its kinda confusing.

Don't forget to write a review of the program when you are done! Its a great program!

Hello,

@Reubenz
You got it. You can use your rest to wipe the sweat on the kb handle and your hands. Once I almost threw my kb...

Kind regards,

Pet'

I don't have burn, but have considered getting it. What is the recommended bell/s to use? Is there some guidance like based on RM, using a certain size for SAS etc?

Thanks @Mark Limbaga
Reubenz, I was asking because the cost of doing the program goes way up if one has to buy another or even potentially several more bells, as well as affecting fitting it into a long term plan. It seemed one of the key pieces of information I would have thought would be in the marketing materials, not just the book.

Ohh i see. Well choose a wheight that you know you could do 10 reps with and use it for sets with 5 reps per sets? So if you can do 4 sets with 5 reps that means 20 good reps in total.

I have a couple of questions. So far i am in week6 and have only lost 1.7 kg and dont know if that is considered to be okay. I have cleaned up my diet and my sleep is good to. I sleep around 8 hours. I feel like im loosing some fat on my belly and i am getting stronger and my conditioning have also improved. What else can i do?

Hello,

Keep going !

In your first post you said:
i have already lost 2.1 kg
I suppose it was before your program

In your last post :
have only lost 1.7 kg

So it is 3.8 kg. It is a good decrease !

It is important not to lose too much too fast. Your rythm seems to be "good" (meaning sane).

If you already clean your diet (less fat and carbs), you can reduce rest during exercises to increase intensity.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Thanks. Yes i am following the program as i should so this week i reduced my restperiod to 60 seconds and increased reps to 10.Maybe im just greedy that wants more results.

Hello,

@Reubenz
First of all, if you have yet a progression, this is a good news ! You burn fat, and likely gain muscle. So you are above all improving your ratio muscle mass / total mass.

Another good program is Insanity. It is bw only so maybe less challenging for joint. A friend of mine who competes in Kendo (national level) uses it and he is satisfied. It has lost 4 or 5 kg.

Kind regards,

Pet'

@Reubenz You're doing great!
If your weight loss is less than you hoped for, it can be a few things.
1. A simple issue of calories. Track them and adjust as needed after also considering:
2. It's not really about weight if you are gaining muscle. Body measurements, usually the abdomen in men is the easiest indicator of this. Most men loose abdominal fat from the top down, so you might want to track measurements in several locations; eg. 2" above navel, @ navel, 2" below navel. If you have extra fat, don't worry about the scale if the fatty areas are shrinking!
3. "Wooshes" A good explanation, though I don't know of it's technical veracity, is that when you loose fat, sometimes the fat gets burned off, but the fat cell just replaces it with extra water and holds onto it for a while. You keep losing fat, but holding more water so the scale doesn't move as much as expected. Then a week or two later, "woosh" you drop a pound, or a kg overnight. Sometimes even 2 kg.

Now, for me, it takes a solid month of calorie and body measurement data to tell if I'm experiencing #2, #3, or if I really need to adjust my calories. Since you only have 6 weeks to go, I'd say to just stay the course. You have a solid plan and you're making progress. Keep it up and kudos!

3. "Wooshes" A good explanation, though I don't know of it's technical veracity, is that when you loose fat, sometimes the fat gets burned off, but the fat cell just replaces it with extra water and holds onto it for a while. You keep losing fat, but holding more water so the scale doesn't move as much as expected. Then a week or two later, "woosh" you drop a pound, or a kg overnight. Sometimes even 2 kg.

I've seen this time and time again in my weight loss. Except for the very beginning few pounds (which drop off more quickly and are usually water weight), I usually follow a pattern of slow decline or even a plateau for 1-3 weeks, then "woosh". Rinse, repeat. Agree that I don't know of the science behind it - but a lady I know referred to it as a "woosh" many years ago and it made sense when I started seeing it in my tracking log.

I have completed week6 and have 10 more weeks to go. Well i can agree with what you all are saying. I drink alot of water when i train so i havent thought of that as extra wheight.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom