all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell carries

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 316

I might be mistaken, but I thought there was an article that discussed the overhead carry to the rack position to farmers walk. I can' seem to find it.

My job/life has an enormous component of lifting/carrying. While I have been training with barbells for some years and kettlebells for the last year, loaded carries changed my strength almost overnight. A great E-book to read is 'Rock, Iron, Steel' by Steve Justa. I've realized that there is 'gym strength' and 'Real World Strength'. Loaded carries deliver 'Real World Strength'. I know, deadlifting is awesome- but you a'int moving when you're deadlifting......!

My job/life has an enormous component of lifting/carrying. While I have been training with barbells for some years and kettlebells for the last year, loaded carries changed my strength almost overnight. A great E-book to read is 'Rock, Iron, Steel' by Steve Justa. I've realized that there is 'gym strength' and 'Real World Strength'. Loaded carries deliver 'Real World Strength'. I know, deadlifting is awesome- but you a'int moving when you're deadlifting......!

My program minimum would be swings, TGUs, pullups and farmer's and or rack walk to finish (shoulder's get enough from TGUs).

I might be mistaken, but I thought there was an article that discussed the overhead carry to the rack position to farmers walk. I can' seem to find it.

Dan John has lots of articles on carries.

By the way, I recommend waving it. Overhead to farmer's to rack to farmer's to overhead. You can get more work done if you give your shoulders a bit recovery. If you have limited bells <32, the farmer's carry weight is not challenging enough, so the focus needs to be on higher positions but it is easy to burn out the shoulders with the waiter walk, especially if you are using it as a finisher and you have done presses or TGUs.

You can also go double waiter (very light) to double rack to double carry to single waiter to single rack to single farmer. I found that this helped extend the set. I found my working bell weight too heavy for the waiter, so dumbells are fine.

I've recently found great fun with a large truck tire inner tube filled with around 35kg of sand. I carry it around in a variety of ways- all stressful!

I think that was it, but for some reason I thought it was with double bells

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom