all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell Farmer's Walks.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
You can also grab two kettlebells in the same hand and do a farmer's walk that way. Then switch hands to work the other. It doesn't take a big hand to hold onto even two 32kg kettlebells that way. About 8 years ago, I had a buddy loan me his 40kg kettlebell. I don't know what brand it was, but it had a fat handle. I borrowed another friend's comp-style (thin handle) 40kg and alternated grabbing them with one hand and walking around the yard. In retrospect, I probably should've kept doing that. It was a bit boring. But challenging to the grip and especially the obliques!

I call "Farmers Carries" something different. I often do them in a complex of 2 rounds. The first round I do as a warmup, I call it "going outside". The second round is a finisher I like to call "going inside". Admitedly, on some heavy days I do the finisher unloaded and set a "biological workout timer" for an 8-12 hour rest period before completing the finisher with load.

Disaster has been known to strike if one programs active rest movements such as "mowing the lawn" or "flashlight tag" between the unloaded and loaded rounds of the finisher. Pretty sure that is covered in plan strong, right?

ETA and for @Geoff Chafe, this was an attempt at humorously describing the act of carrying bells outside to workout and back inside afterwards as part of the workout itself. It is how I started doing carries and saw their benefit.

Last edited:
@Jeffro A brisk walk, and loaded carries serve very different functions. I walk my dogs about two hours a day, on weekends and days off work I will put on a pack and go for long hikes, but I also do a loaded carry almost daily also. Your exercise should not interfere with your activities and household duties, it should complement them

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom