all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell Hard-The Wolf

Interesting. Yeah I just finished the upper back attack today and was told it was an easy program but honestly I am pretty smoked. I am 44 with 2 young kids so sleep is at a premium. I'm a video editor and spend a lot of time sitting though am getting a standing desk soon. I was going to ask the forum how people approached the time in between complexes (do they focus on recovery for a week or two, do they go right into the next one, do they completely switch gears etc.) Running one right into the other has me a little depleted... I did the wolf before this with 20kg and had to put them down at times on day 3's...anyway got through that and went right into UBA. I was toying with the idea of dropping the weight on YDKS if I decided to do them both at the same time but we'll see. Still not sure whats next. After reading your training log on the ksk it has me pretty interested to just commit to that. Anyway thanks man.
I was a little ambitious in thinking of running both programs together. Looking back now, I definitely would have been doing too much. I don't have kids myself but definitely understand there's a lack of sleep/rest with raising kids. I'm in the same boat (career-wise) I'm a graphic designer/art director, so I'm spending a lot of time behind the desk.

For that time between complexes, everyone does deload weeks differently. From my understanding, staying away from double kettlebell work on off weeks is highly recommended. Focus on some single bell work. Life is pretty demanding so I'd focus on recovery on those off weeks. Then jump back in.

Not sure what you're goals are but if you can get used to only doing one exercise for 9 weeks. You'll be pretty happy with the results.

Err on the lighter side always. Bad form leads to injury. The program is time based meaning the split between work:rest ratio. Do the work in the best from possible.

The significance of not putting the bells down is lactic acid buildup, which is turned into lactate. When lactate is produced, extra growth hormone is also produced which burns fat.

If you're looking for a good heavy non-complex front squat time based program. Do EDT
Take a pair of heavy bells, 6-8 rep max. Set clock for 20 minutes
Do as many sets of 2-3 rep front squats alternated with 5 reps of double swings.
Rest as necessary. Do 3x a week. Next time you do the workout try and add at least one more rep in 20 minutes.
Hey @BrianCF I just wanted to report back how much I really liked this program. I had to cut it short (only got through 3 weeks) cause of rotator cuff issues from snatching and BJJ. But I really liked it. I actually had switched to cleans instead swings. I'm actually not sure I even like double kettlebell swings but just wanted to report back how much I liked it. I'm going to restart it when my shoulder calms down.

Back
Top Bottom