all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell Hard!

haydengoodall

Level 2 Valued Member
Good morning folks,
Looking at the Kettlebell Hard! Book by Geoff Neupert, has anyone tried it? Starting week 4 of the DFW program, and am enjoying it. Was just curious if anyone had tried this, or any others, and wanted to hear any/all thoughts and concerns. Thank you!

Get it. It’s a great book. Lots of different programs. I ran 3 of them so far and they’re great. You’ll build muscle while increasing your conditioning. They’re all double kettlebell complexes so you’ll need pairs of kettlebells fir the best results.

Good morning folks,
Looking at the Kettlebell Hard! Book by Geoff Neupert, has anyone tried it? Starting week 4 of the DFW program, and am enjoying it. Was just curious if anyone had tried this, or any others, and wanted to hear any/all thoughts and concerns. Thank you!
It's a good collection of programs.. although if you're still honing your double bell skills, I'd recommend getting easy muscle first, then RMF.. I'd treat hard as the culmination of your double bell development

Yeah, I would stick with a program like the Giant or Easy muscle or KB Strong for a while first. One thing I like about Geoff's programming is the combination of 5RM or 10RM, autoregulation, and density training means you can keep running the programs again and again. Even with the same weight repeating a program can have greater volume as a goal. I have run the Giant three times and will go back to it or Easy Muscle after my TSC prep is done in March. I bought KB Hard too but am not touching if for a couple years I think.

Thank you for all the info, greatly appreciated!! Where is easy muscle found, I couldn’t find it on the chasing strength website. Again, thank you for all the info!

How I'd assemble a flowchart

Level 1 S and S
Level 2 iron cardio
Level 3 ROP
Level 4 kettlebell strong/the giant
Level 5 RMF/ROTK
Level 6 kettlebell hard
This is great, @Mark Limbaga.

From Pavel's programming, I'd also add in:

Level 3: Q&D

From my programming, I'd also add in:

Level 3: Kettlebell Burn
Level 4: Kettlebell Burn EXTREME!

How I'd assemble a flowchart

Level 1 S and S
Level 2 iron cardio
Level 3 ROP
Level 4 kettlebell strong/the giant
Level 5 RMF/ROTK
Level 6 kettlebell hard

Can you please advise what Levels Atos 1.0 and 2.0 would be? (from Kettlebell Workout Snacks by Hector Gutierrez jr)

Can you please advise what Levels Atos 1.0 and 2.0 would be? (from Kettlebell Workout Snacks by Hector Gutierrez jr)
Since they're a complex, I'd put them at level 5 especially since volume on week 2,4 jumps significantly

This is great, @Mark Limbaga.

From Pavel's programming, I'd also add in:

Level 3: Q&D

From my programming, I'd also add in:

Level 3: Kettlebell Burn
Level 4: Kettlebell Burn EXTREME!
This is great. Just consolidating everything into one list

Level 1 S&S
Level 2 Iron Cardio
Level 3 ROP
Level 3 Q&D
Level 3 Kettlebell Burn
Level 4 Kettlebell Burn EXTREME!
Level 4 Kettlebell Strong/The Giant
Level 5 RMF
Level 5 ROTK
Level 6 Kettlebell Hard / More Kettlebell Muscle

I found these posts by @Geoff Neupert that I think are also useful to post here

1. Find and fix your weak links.
=> Kettlebell Burn + some mobility work or Original Strength or whatever restorative work you've used successfully in the past
(In truth, Burn is kind of an "all-in-one" program I designed to address Phases 1 thru 3 before I'd codified them and put them on paper. But it still works great for Phase 1.)

2. Get stronger.
=> Kettlebell STRONG! , then
=> DFW.

3. Get leaner.
=> Kettlebell Burn EXTREME!, then
=> Kettlebell HARD!

4. Get more muscular.
=> Kettlebell HARD! (EAT MORE.), or
=> Total Tension Complex

To make life simple, just the time to follow the programs.

For example:

Phase 1 - Kettlebell Burn: 16 weeks.

Phase 2 - Kettlebell STRONG! then DFW: This one's a little tricky, because "Strong!" is multi-phase. So at least Phase 1. Maybe Phase 2. Then DFW: Minimum 11 weeks.

Phase 3 - Kettlebell Burn EXTREME!, then Kettlebell HARD!: 4 weeks, then 6 weeks, then maybe another 6 weeks: 10-16 weeks.

Phase 4 -
Kettlebell HARD! or Total Tension Complex: 2x 6-week programs OR 6 weeks OR 6 weeks of HARD! + 6. weeks of TTC = 12-18 weeks.

This is just an idea.

If you want to make your life more complex, extend or reduce each cycle based on your outcome.

where does Kettlebell burn 2.0 stands?
This is great. Just consolidating everything into one list

Level 1 S&S
Level 2 Iron Cardio
Level 3 ROP
Level 3 Q&D
Level 3 Kettlebell Burn
Level 4 Kettlebell Burn EXTREME!
Level 4 Kettlebell Strong/The Giant
Level 5 RMF
Level 5 ROTK
Level 6 Kettlebell Hard / More Kettlebell Muscle

So this is the top level. What if you have been traing for quite a while, used to a heavy workload, is there any point in going beyond the 3day a week 30 minute type programming? Is that the pinnacle or is that just what Joe average can fit into their day after slaving away for the capitalists? I have nothing to do all day except count my gold bars and read strongfirst would I be better off doing more days/longer or is this only going to detract from the progress?

Back
Top Bottom