all posts post new thread

Off-Topic kettlebell mile

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
From an article by @mprevost , once a week is mentioned.

Last edited:
From an article by @mprevost , once a week is mentioned.

thanks ! but is once a week really enough

I have done a 1/2 mile with my 32 and my body was wrecked for a couple days. Once a week should be fine, especially if you are also rucking as well.

Did 1800m with a 32 in 16:58 a while back. Got good and sore.
Best dose of doms came from 10 x 100m repeats with 2 32's, on the 2:00, all in the high :30's.

I have found once a week to be plenty but that's in the context of a strength training and running program. That basically follows the research with rocking where once a week was nearly optimal for soldiers who were also running and lifting weights.
That should say rucking and not rocking

In S&S 2.0, Pavel suggests testing yourself 1-2 times a month in something outside of swings and get ups.

Do you think the kettlebell mile fits into this?

I have found once a week to be plenty but that's in the context of a strength training and running program. That basically follows the research with rocking where once a week was nearly optimal for soldiers who were also running and lifting weights.
Trying to ruck once a week; did 24KG kettlebell mile yesterday + 4 min tabata swings with 24kg - absolutely smashed today

My wife did the mile this a.m. for the first time and loved it. I’m unsure how she even found your article.

For reference she’s 49 and weighs 126-ish (lbs). She has competed in half Ironman/marathons/etc up until a few years ago (injury) but is quite strong for her size. She started with a 30 lb bell which is about 25% bw and walked the distance easily; unsure of her time but she knows and has her first tng goal marked. Thanks for the awesome article.

Gary

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom