all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell muscle or kettlebell strong for mma

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I agree with ctygesen on the Strong program. I am finishing phase 2 within the next few days and I have to say that 10x5, 10x6 and 10x4 of a major compound exercise like the clean and press really takes a toll on you. On my recovery days I don't have much of a desire to train at anything else, as phase 2 really leaves me feeling like I ran sprints due to the shorter rest periods and lifted heavy weights.

The volume in Phase 2 is insane. With 24kg bells, you will have performed 1,775 reps and lifted 85,200kg by the end of 16 weeks.

You can't not respond to that in major ways. I lost 35lbs of scale weight doing Strong with the 20s and the 24s.

82,500 kg is serious poundage. I suppose using a Dan John analogy if S and S is a "park bench" program then KB strong certainly qualifies as a "bus bench" programme. Cheers for the feedback, enjoying my time in S and S but loomgm forward to Feb, I'll feedback when I work though the programme.

Well, given your priorities, you should do the 2x/week option. That's 36 weeks to complete the entire program.

Effective? Hell yes.

Short? Erm....

Short, Erm....sums it up. Is it a long program on workout days, no. But like any good program it progresses over time and it does require some recovery.

Only one way to tell, try it and get back to us. ;)

Is it a long program on workout days, no. But like any good program it progresses over time and it does require some recovery.

Yeah, keep in mind that, if you're using appropriately heavy bells, your workout may be "done" in less than 15 minutes, but so are you, for the rest of the day.

These are not "recharge" sessions and every cheque your ego writes, your body has to cash.

@lokate - About the only way you could do "Kettlebell Muscle" or "More Kettlebell Muscle" AND practice your MA is to only practice, at a practice not "live" level once a week. If you want to practice more than that, use "Kettlebell STRONG!."

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom