all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell RMF review/experiences ??

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Im out

Level 5 Valued Member
I'm looking for "Kettlebell RMF" reviews by Geoff Neupert. Has anyone done the program, and what were your results ?

The long cycle intriques me. Doesn't seem to be practiced much by this community. (which is why it intriques me)

thanks in advance.

None present. I did find a topic from april 2017 on this subject with promising statements.

Is there any benefit a Jerk has that the push press can't provide ? Moving more weight aside :)

I've been focusing on the double C&P this year using a Newport program. I've got a copy of RMF from one of Neupert's sales and would love to hear more from someone who has done this program.

I've also been curious about the relative merits of the LCCJ and the Push Press. From what I can glean it seems like the Double C & P is better for strength and hypertrophy training, and the LCCJ better for power and conditioning (maybe fat loss?), but I'd love to hear from someone with experience contrasting the these exercises. (I imagine the push press as between the two).

None present. I did find a topic from april 2017 on this subject with promising statements.

Is there any benefit a Jerk has that the push press can't provide ? Moving more weight aside :)

I think if we look at military press - push press - jerk on a continuum, the MP is clearly a "grind", the jerk is a power move with almost no push at all, and the push press has a bit of both. So to answer the question, depends on the goal!

So to answer the question, depends on the goal!

To complete the RMF program. It'a 12 weeks of either C&J or Push Press. Purely depending on overhead shoulder mobility. I tried both with a pair of 24s, both I can do. However it will take some time to get a good groove with the jerk, so it got me wondering if its worth the hassle.

I noticed c&j got me breathing most with the same amount of weight and reps so it must use more muscle than a push press does.

Anyway I dont workout for a specific goal. I can use strength and power... endurance, muscle, self confidence :p

Figured after my ROP cycle I can press half my bw, dont care much for the ssst. so i could do rmf with a pair of 24s, after that kb strong with 24s. :)

Yup, ambitious

I would sequence those differently. KB strong works up from 1 to 6 reps. RMF uses the push press/Jerk but goes to much higher reps (5-7) early on. I'd start with Strong using the push press/Jerk to learn the move and then do RMF with the same move after I felt some mastery.

I would think using C&J following ROP would be a productive move. Your shoulders would get a bit of a break from the grind of the press, but you should maintain if not increase your press strength. You would definitely develop power and conditioning with the proper use of the c&j. I agree with @jhpowers that developing some mastery first would be prudent. The double c&j can sneak up on you if you’re not careful. Once fatigue sets in it’s not hard to get sloppy due to the momentum inherent in the movement.

I would sequence those differently. KB strong works up from 1 to 6 reps. RMF uses the push press/Jerk but goes to much higher reps (5-7) early on. I'd start with Strong using the push press/Jerk to learn the move and then do RMF with the same move after I felt some mastery.

This is a good advice. I thought about it before actually. Cheers.

Anyway, did you do the program? If so what were your results ? thoughts ?

No, I'm doing KB Strong with the C & P, but I practice the Push Press and Clean and Jerk as part of my warm up. They are challenging moves for me due to my absence of rhythm (my wife and I took an introductory swing dance class for three cycles and then she gave up!) and poor shoulder mobility. I did a double Kettlebell workshop with Neupert a few years before he retired and I struggled with the Jerk. I had trouble with the overhead lockout. I developed a deep respect for that movement. I've been working on shoulder mobility ever since with the intention of doing the LCCJ when I feel proficient, but, honestly, I've fallen in love with the double Clean and Press. I kind of feel like I could just do variations on that for the rest of my life. Weird, huh? I just really enjoy the exercise and don't seem to get bored with it the way that I did with S & S.

No, I'm doing KB Strong with the C & P, but I practice the Push Press and Clean and Jerk as part of my warm up. They are challenging moves for me due to my absence of rhythm (my wife and I took an introductory swing dance class for three cycles and then she gave up!) and poor shoulder mobility. I did a double Kettlebell workshop with Neupert a few years before he retired and I struggled with the Jerk. I had trouble with the overhead lockout. I developed a deep respect for that movement. I've been working on shoulder mobility ever since with the intention of doing the LCCJ when I feel proficient, but, honestly, I've fallen in love with the double Clean and Press. I kind of feel like I could just do variations on that for the rest of my life. Weird, huh? I just really enjoy the exercise and don't seem to get bored with it the way that I did with S & S.

I find moments to practice Jerk with a pair of 16s (verrry light) And i enjoy it, plus I dont really have an overhead resttiction, at least not that i know of.

Im going to try do RMF after ROP. After RMF ill try Strong.

I did RMF with LCCJ and double 24s a couple of years ago. Great program. Prepare to be work hard during training and eat well outside.

I'd definatly do STRONG first though so that you know your shoulders and t-spine are ready to take vey fatigued LCCJ

The long cycle clean and jerk is one heck of a conditioning movement.

I did RMF with LCCJ and double 24s a couple of years ago. Great program. Prepare to be work hard during training and eat well outside.

I'd definatly do STRONG first though so that you know your shoulders and t-spine are ready to take vey fatigued LCCJ

Were the 24s your 10rm as prescribed for doing the program or did you go conservative??

Were the 24s your 10rm as prescribed for doing the program or did you go conservative??

When I tested at the start they were my 13RM, but the 28s were something like a 9RM, so I thought it best to err on the side of caution just a little bit. Great program all in all. I managed it alongside twice weekly martial arts practice so it didn't take everything out of me, but was pretty tough for the duration.

When I tested at the start they were my 13RM, but the 28s were something like a 9RM, so I thought it best to err on the side of caution just a little bit. Great program all in all. I managed it alongside twice weekly martial arts practice so it didn't take everything out of me, but was pretty tough for the duration.

Awesome sending you a PM with some questions

Okay so a very very few have done the program. And C&J doesn't seem to be that populair of an exercise.

The more reason to try the program out sometime and see for myself. After 13 weeks of C&P its good to have a different stimulus for a while. And a 10RM weight as recommended per book isn't heavy.

Great topic, loved this program....I completed the RMF program several years ago. I was interested in learning the LCCJ so I started with one of Geoff Neupert's other programs from Kettlebell Express (I think) that was built on the LCCJ. Once I completed that I moved to the RMF. I played around with different size KB's and settled on 28kg's Crazy hard program but mission accomplished. Its a real gut check workout. Good luck !!!

I picked up alot of Geoff N's stuff his last sale, right now I'm rehabbing and base rebuilding on an injured shoulder. It's sitting collecting dust as I stare at longingly, I can't wait to hit LCCJ. I know it's gonna be awesome!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom