all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell RMF review/experiences ??

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Wesley Evans if you're on a high stress point in your life now, don't hesitate to go down a bell size.. the volume will take care of your strength..

there's a rep max test after 4 weeks.. @John Grahill did a rep test after 4 weeks and the pair he used for the first phase felt light, he rested a few more minutes and did another rep test one size up.. his numbers with the higher size was quite good Geoff gave him the geeen light to use the heavier pair fr phase 2

@Wesley Evans if you're on a high stress point in your life now, don't hesitate to go down a bell size.. the volume will take care of your strength..

there's a rep max test after 4 weeks.. @John Grahill did a rep test after 4 weeks and the pair he used for the first phase felt light, he rested a few more minutes and did another rep test one size up.. his numbers with the higher size was quite good Geoff gave him the geeen light to use the heavier pair fr phase 2

Mark's right about my experience. In four weeks I went from 10 reps to 16 with the 32s! After ten or 15 minutes I actually got 12 with the 36s!

Looking back though I now realize I should have stayed with the 32s as I hadn't really established a good enough base with the 36s to go to phase 2. I either should have stayed with the 32s for phase 2 or started phase 1 over with the 36s.

That being said, that program made my press stronger without practicing any grinding presses.

I can hit 8 reps with a pair of 40's, if I owned some 36's I would use those.
So I feel like 32's are already a small step down.

It will be interesting to see how it plays along with my deadlifting over time.

I can hit 8 reps with a pair of 40's, if I owned some 36's I would use those.
So I feel like 32's are already a small step down.

It will be interesting to see how it plays along with my deadlifting over time.

Remember our strength also has seasons. So if this point in your strength is currently in winter, best that you punch the clock and allow your body to recover and once its spring, start picking up the pace...

I can totally relate to your feeling of a let-down. last summer, I could press 28s for 4-5 reps and was already doing lccj ladders with 32s.

working back to that level now :)

Wesley, if I may add, like any Neupert programs, the density adds up. I'll bet the 32s will work just fine.
Oh for sure! They are definitely enough! Lol

I was just trying to say that I should probably technically be using 36's so I'm already stepped down a little. Not that I'm disappointed I just feel like it's definitely a doable weight for me right now.

I'm also working on writing a Plan Strong LCCJ program using 24's, 32's, and 40's to run after this. Should be fun.

Week 2 down.
Overall reps are back up this week. Feeling good.

Interestingly no matter what scheme is called for that day I'm noticing a direct correlation between how much sleep I got the night before and the total reps for the day. I must be getting old.

Interestingly no matter what scheme is called for that day I'm noticing a direct correlation between how much sleep I got the night before and the total reps for the day. I must be getting old.

Sleep is one of those things they don't tell you about as you get older. First, you seem to need more of it, but as you age, you seem to need less of it again although in a different way, and many elderly people report trouble being able to sleep as much as they'd like to.

-S-

The RMBFB is am excellent program. I never went through it again. I remember as the density got tougher those 30 minute sessions seemed like an eternity!

So month 1 in the bag. I will say that.doing it through the holidays was probably not the best idea, I'm easily distracted by food and bourbon.

Anyway, tested out today, made 15 reps. I'm a little disappointed, I was hoping for 1 or 2 more, but given my lifestyle the past 2 weeks not a surprise.

My HR is still 135 even after 5 minutes of rest...

Excited for month 2!

So month 1 in the bag. I will say that.doing it through the holidays was probably not the best idea, I'm easily distracted by food and bourbon.

Anyway, tested out today, made 15 reps. I'm a little disappointed, I was hoping for 1 or 2 more, but given my lifestyle the past 2 weeks not a surprise.

My HR is still 135 even after 5 minutes of rest...

Excited for month 2!

Curious as to what was your RPE scale for each session

I would say for the lower rep sets (5-6) RPE stayed right around 7-7.5. The days with the longer sets were nearer 9 for about the same total reps.

Great to hear I'm building up to RMF using the double clean and push press with the target size bells so I have the work capacity to handle the program..

The density definitely adds up, like others have said that 30 minutes starts to feel like forever. Recovery management in between sets becomes pretty important to make it through, at least for me.

And get ready to be hungry all the time.

Great to hear I'm building up to RMF using the double clean and push press with the target size bells so I have the work capacity to handle the program..
I also have a 3 month Plan Strong style program for working up to bigger sets of bells for the LCCJ if you're interested.

Since it's a variant of the original program, curious if anyone here has done the 'puker' variation of the program and what were your results

@Wesley Evans how'd those sets of 9s feel as phase one ended? I remember my forearms aching like crazy! After about 15 minutes my rest periods increased quite a bit!
The longer sets really get to me! I tried to really focus on managing the fatigue in between sets and probably left a set or so in the tank if I'm honest.
My main goal was to have the last set be just as explosive as the 1st.
Sad to say but my lungs are definitely my weaker area when compared to grip or other things.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom