all posts post new thread

Old Forum Kettlebell strap

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

FirstStrong

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello all,

I was looking around for a barbell set for deadlifts when I came across a product called kettlebell strap, seen below. Does anyone have experience from this type of product? Since I got 148 kg in KB iron I think it would be a good thing (considering space, money etc.). With two of these it would be possible to do two  handed deadlifts (one strap can take 200 kg).  I know a barbell is more versatile concerning weight and other exercises, however 148 kg is somewhat over 2 x my bodyweight and I am only after the deadlift exercise.

Sture, I would get a barbell.  I have no idea whether the strap would work, but there is nothing more satisfying that pulling a heavy barbell off the floor.

All I know is if you want one of those you could make it yourself in about 2 minutes and for probably less than five bucks with a tie down strap and five inches of pvc pipe.

My setup is a hex bar and a bunch of kettlebells.  A hex bar or a four-foot bar is cheaper and takes up less space.  You could own just a small selection of plates and hang kettlebells on the end of the bar to make it heavy enough.  Light technique plates are cheap to buy and get shipped.  Plus, it looks hardcore!

"hang kettlebells on the end of the bar to make it heavy enough"

Has anyone ever done this minus the plates and just bells?

I own a trap bar, and doubles of everything up to 40's. No plates though..

Hi Pat,

I tried that.  It didn't work so great since the bells are different heights and wiggle around.  But try it and report back to us how it goes.  With plates you get a consistent solid "thunk" every rep.  A person could own just a pair of 45 lb plates, or a pair 0f 10 lb technique plates, plus a few dimes and nickels.  At the moment I have enough plates to go to 325, and hang kettlebells to go heavier.

Hi Matt, thanks for the comment. I'll prob pick up 2 or 4 20kg plates.. hang the bells and may lock them off with bands to minimise sliding. I have enough bells and combinations to have 4kg increments.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom