all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell STRONG is on sale

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Thoughts on the program from those who have it?

Oh, and 65% off %97.50 isn't $43.

Sol

The DVD is three-four hours of thorough instruction on using a pair of kettlebells. The book reinforces the DVD for a quick reference and has two programs. One is a swing-based program, and the other is a strength-focused program that work one movement (can be squat, clean and press, clean and jerk, whatever you choose) for a few months, starting with low-volume and moving towards higher volume. You can also combine them. It's well worth $43, which is how you'd probably send on two to three drop in's in a studio, or two thirds the price of a private.

I have previously bought KB burn and Burn extreme from Geoff and the quality of the DVDs alone are tremendous. I did quite a bit of double KB work earlier in the year and it definitely builds muscle and strength. Trying to focus on S and S at moment, but at that price that is very tempting!!#dilemma

Where are folks seeing Geoff's work go on sale? I've seen severall people comment on this over time but I'm obviously not in the right place! Thanks

I'm on his mailing list but if you email him directly from his site I'm sure he'll forward you the link to the offer.

Thoughts on the program from those who have it?

Oh, and 65% off %97.50 isn't $43.

Sol

KB Strong has 2 programs.

STRONG focuses on pure strength with Double KB and the suggested lifts are C&P,FSQ or Longcycle.

the other program is the ONE and that is a pure Double Swings program. It is also strength but more of a conditioning and grip taxing program.

You can also do the hybrid where you do 2/2 split per week. I did that and saw crazy gains.

I paid $99 or whatever for this 2-3 years ago and it was worth every penny. The DVDs are GOLD and the programs are great. STRONG will make you STRONG!!

I would say it is the best starting place for DOUBLES period. (outside of training directly under an SFG of course)

Last edited:
Everything I had done in a year and a half of KB work proved to be preparation for Strong. My strong personal opinion is that SFGs ought to be forced to do the program before they're allowed to say they train for strength.

Kettlebell Strong has worked extremely well for me. I've done it with the C&P and clean and push press. It does deliver results. Pavel's ETK was a tremendous start in the kettlebell world for me and Geoffs
programs have been excellent for double bell work. I personally recommend doing "Strong" at least once before doing any of his other programs. It's a great investment.

My original plan was to start with double KBs after I had finished my ROP goal and than look into good programs and such for that.
However this was too good to pass up. So I bought KB Strong.

I will still finish ROP first, after that I can dive immediately into Strong.

For the lurking Geoff: Thanks a lot already and I am looking forward to Strong!

Everything I had done in a year and a half of KB work proved to be preparation for Strong. My strong personal opinion is that SFGs ought to be forced to do the program before they're allowed to say they train for strength.

Bill,

From what I've read that you posted, your strong personal opinion is a force to be reckoned with! :eek::cool:

Would you recommend for or against KB Strong after reaching Simple on the way to Sinister?

I have no thoughts on the area between Simple and Sinister.

I can only tell you what I experienced with respect to Strong! I have done Kettlebell Muscle (killed me and buried me in a shallow grave); The Wolf, Jerk Werk (the Jerk is the biggest oversight in the organization, and "Kettlebell Strong!" teaches you how to do them), and Ballistic Beatdown from "More KBM". I have a lot of experience with Geoff's programs. Because of Strong!, I strongly believe that training for strength is the most important thing. If one has not done a dedicated strength program - something designed to PUT MORE POUNDS ON THE BAR - you have no business telling anyone you "strength train". More instructors need to reacquaint themselves with the primacy of strength - the ability to produce force against an external resistance. Putting all other qualities on hold and focus on getting strong. It's the basis of every other physical capability. Strong! was the first such program for me and it made me realize how much I had been short-changing myself with all the MetCon I had done. MetCon is fine - especially once you get strong enough to MetCon with kettlebells two sizes up from what you're using now.

Other than that, I have no strong opinions on the matter.

have done Kettlebell Muscle (killed me and buried me in a shallow grave)
, yes, especially the heavy days, with either more volume or reduced rest periods. Grip, forarm, shoulders, the core, the legs, the heart, the lungs, not to say a miserable mind... a lot of (micro)trauma. But it delivered as promised. To build muscle. Fast.

I always had an eye on KB Strong, the high price (which I think it is worth it) but the main reason for me not to get it, was the the shipping transatlantic.
So I was more than pleased that I got it eventually on my SFG2 in Italy for the cheap price of ca. 35$ for the whole package.
I only read in the book by now. And the programs are on paper a pure work of art of simplicity. And I have no doubt, that once I will immerse in the future Strong will deliver. Crystal clear instruction on what to do. No fluff.
On this occasion I feel free to quote Geoff Neupert: "Do you see how powerful that program REALLY is?"
"Again, do you see how powerfull that program REALLY is?"

"...there are ...thousands of more ways to cook your double kettlebell training. I gave you two great ones. Start there with simplicity and then move on to something more complex."

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom