all posts post new thread

Kettlebell KETTLEBELL STRONG- MY RESULTS AND RECOMMENDATION

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Mat Roberts

Level 4 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
KETTLEBELL STRONG BY GEOFF NEUPERT.

RESULTS AND RECOMMENDATION

WHAT I DID
- followed double kettlebell clean press 3 days per week for 8 weeks.

Why- because my press has never been where it needs to be, I need to get stronger overhead compared to my lower body which has always been stronger. The press needed work.

STARTING POINT-
Before the program my C & P was 4 reps with 2x24kg kettlebells failing on 5th rep.

RESULTS-

BEFORE- 4 REP
AFTER = 9 REPS
_
Actually felt like I could get to 10 reps on test day after getting to 9, so I rested 4-5min then decided to go again and managed to hit 9 reps again but determined to get that 10 reps when attempting again.

Transfer over to other lifts

Also tested my single arm snatch as I was curious to see where I was, 4 months ago I always struggled with the 32kg not even being able to get 1 rep comfortably each arm but after KB Strong I now managed to get 8 reps each side with the 32kg.

Volume on this program waves up and down in sets and reps, some days easier other days harder increasing and decreasing in sets/reps with the same weight.

ADDING ANYTHING TO THE PROGRAM-
I added in some accessory work around it keeping volume low most days, weeks based on how my recovery was, some days didn't even add anything apart from recovery work like stretches, hangs and walks ( this is all individual depending on how you recover )

All in all, great program highly recommend Kettlebell Strong. I'll be repeating this with 2x 28kg next time around.

Also Geof Neupert has been great in sending me this as a copy which I couldn't find anywhere due to it being out of publication only recently to come back online with some of Geoff's other work coming back out also.

Geoff has also been great with feedback which he has given me in facebook chat, very helpful and sound guy.

To finish it quote a phrase what Geoff said-

" The path up the mountain isn't always in a straight line"

Give it a go everyone

Thanks
Mat Roberts
SFG1

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom