all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell STRONG (Neupert)

I’ve just started Strong with push press 2x24. I did The Giant (C&P) earlier in the year and wanted to try Strong. I chose push press because while I can do C&P with 2x20 ( Giant ) 2x24 pressing is a little tough at the moment. I also wanted to do lower reps, and heavier weights. The higher volume of The Giant for me turned into an ego competition ( gotta beat last weeks reps!! ) and I then had to get rid of some biceps tendinitis. My fault completely.

This way that can’t happen with the fixed reps of Strong.

I’ve just started Strong with push press 2x24. I did The Giant (C&P) earlier in the year and wanted to try Strong. I chose push press because while I can do C&P with 2x20 ( Giant ) 2x24 pressing is a little tough at the moment. I also wanted to do lower reps, and heavier weights. The higher volume of The Giant for me turned into an ego competition ( gotta beat last weeks reps!! ) and I then had to get rid of some biceps tendinitis. My fault completely.

This way that can’t happen with the fixed reps of Strong.
I have a few ideas for you

Recycle strong using the heels planted version of the PP

compress rest periods each succeeding cycle

This would keep you busy for a while and once you're done with ph2 you'll be a lot stronger

I have a few ideas for you

Recycle strong using the heels planted version of the PP

compress rest periods each succeeding cycle

This would keep you busy for a while and once you're done with ph2 you'll be a lot stronger
Cheers mark! I’m less than a year with kb’s, and I’m trying to build a strength base. Are you referring to the longer phase 2? The short phase 2 looks a bit much for me right now, but the more drawn out one looks ok.

Funny, I thought my heels were planted until I took notice, my heels definitely come up. I’ll see if I can consciously keep them down.

Cheers mark! I’m less than a year with kb’s, and I’m trying to build a strength base. Are you referring to the longer phase 2? The short phase 2 looks a bit much for me right now, but the more drawn out one looks ok.

Funny, I thought my heels were planted until I took notice, my heels definitely come up. I’ll see if I can consciously keep them down.
This can work for either version of ph2 :)

Kettlebell Strong: Phase 1. Week 8. Workout 24: C&P: 2x24k: Rep Max

Pre-Test:

2x16k: 5 Reps
5 minutes rest
2x20k
5 minutes rest

Rep Max Tests:
2x24k: 10 REPS!!
2x 28k: 2 REPS!!

The Rep Test went great. I might have been able to squeeze out another rep on each test. I didn't want to push it and risk getting hurt. Thanks to everyone who shared their pre-test routine.

I am very pleased. I never thought I would want to do a double KB program. It just didn't appeal to me. Strong is such a great program. I am really glad that I learned how to use double KBs.

BRING ON PHASE 2!! Slow and Steady wins the race!

Pre-Test:

5 minutes rest
2x20k
5 minutes rest

Rep Max Tests:

The Rep Test went great. I might have been able to squeeze out another rep on each test. I didn't want to push it and risk getting hurt. Thanks to everyone who shared their pre-test routine.

I am very pleased. I never thought I would want to do a double KB program. It just didn't appeal to me. Strong is such a great program. I am really glad that I learned how to use double KBs.

Slow and Steady is great. Just like phase 1, the volume will creep up on you but embrace it! I just finished workout 12 of Slow and Steady and I'm pleasantly beaten up .....I'm still pumped and my heart was thumping but good! Yes it's simplistic but no I dont want to add anything to this!!

Last edited:

Pre-Test:

5 minutes rest
2x20k
5 minutes rest

Rep Max Tests:

Great job!

@John K How is Strong going for you?
Finished week 4 of Phase 1 today! First day of sets of 3 - which were hard. Still doing my weird warmup (getups and single leg deadlifts) + pistol practice and fat grip pull-ups (FGPU, following the Red Army Pull-up Protocol), but their work is minimal so I'll keep them as long as I can.

I tested my FGPU max today after C&Ps and went from 3 to 5 before my grip went out, so this next month my pull-up work will go from 6 sets of 2 to 6 sets of 3. Again, just going by feel, keeping the C&Ps the priority.

The last video is my second set of 3 clean and presses. The getup doubles are rough, don't judge me too harshly! ;)

I have this weird idea that after Strong! with 32s I could run it with 40s...

Step 1. Finish Strong! with 32s.
Step 2. Finished Strong! with 40s.
(Underpants Gnomes waving hands)
Step 3. Rule the world.
I remember that episode of South Park.....too funny!

You may very well do just that...jump to 40s. I fid previously and handled phase 1 with them but failed in phase 2!

I have found that as I got stronger I couldn't continue with big jumps. We all have a natural ceiling I guess!

Pre-Test:

5 minutes rest
2x20k
5 minutes rest

Rep Max Tests:

Awesome work mate! Doubles are addictive I think haha.

Back
Top Bottom