all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell STRONG (Neupert)

Done with Week 8 Phase 2 Slow and Steady! HALF DONE WITH PHASE 2!

What a great session today. (Sets of 4.) I have been disciplined with trying to keep my rest times between sets to the minimum amount of time I need to recover. When I was about to start the session, my Pandora feed played Black Flag's Rise Above. The song motivated me to try the sets of 4 OTM. I did it! Every rep with good from. I feel like a BOSS!

I have a vacation next week. My bells are packed up and ready to go. BRING ON WEEK 9 !!
“Sets of four OTM” = Killing It!

Done with Week 8 Phase 2 Slow and Steady! HALF DONE WITH PHASE 2!

What a great session today. (Sets of 4.) I have been disciplined with trying to keep my rest times between sets to the minimum amount of time I need to recover. When I was about to start the session, my Pandora feed played Black Flag's Rise Above. The song motivated me to try the sets of 4 OTM. I did it! Every rep with good from. I feel like a BOSS!

I have a vacation next week. My bells are packed up and ready to go. BRING ON WEEK 9 !!
Awesome work mate. You’re taking them on holiday? Beast mode haha!.

Ive just bought kettlebell strong and ordered a 2nd 32kg bell, wish me luck guys :)

I’m looking forward to starting, it looks like the beauty is in the simplicity
It’s just awesome, ive been worried about starting phase 2 in a few weeks. How the heck am I going to end up doing 10 sets of 6?!? But yesterday I got through 10x2 easily, which, 6 weeks ago I worried about how the heck would I be able to do 10 sets of 2?!?. Progress just slowly rolls in week to week, it just creeps up until you finish the workout and go “damn, those bells went up pretty easily!”.

My schedule, at the moment, realistically only lets me weight train twice per week, so I've landed on this for now (I've been doing a Q&D template applied to rope jumping as a...... finisher). Have started with a pair of 40's, which were a "solid 3 plus a ground-out 4" a few weeks ago. 6-doubles went pretty well yesterday. Even so, the thought of cranking out multiple sets of 6 with them (I am WELL past newbie gains), let alone, on a clock, seems...... optimistic. Interesting to see where this ends up.

It’s just awesome, ive been worried about starting phase 2 in a few weeks. How the heck am I going to end up doing 10 sets of 6?!? But yesterday I got through 10x2 easily, which, 6 weeks ago I worried about how the heck would I be able to do 10 sets of 2?!?. Progress just slowly rolls in week to week, it just creeps up until you finish the workout and go “damn, those bells went up pretty easily!”.
There's a lot of wisdom and insight purchased through sweat and experience in this post!

Ran through all 3 Phases of Strong last year with 24s.

Decided to try it with 28s but clean + thruster. Something to try if you also want to hit legs a bit more.

Currently, about half way through stage 2 (slow and steady). It's kinda tough but so far quite doable. Nearly done the sets of 4 but am a little scared of 5 and 6 reps... 10x6 seems a long way off and quite impossible ATM.

Last edited:
Ran through all 3 Phases of Strong last year with 24s.

Decided to try it with 28s but clean + thruster. Something to try if you also want to hit legs a bit more.

Currently, about half way through stage 2 (slow and steady). It's kinda tough but so far quite doable. Nearly done the sets of 4 but am a little scared of 5 and 6 reps... 10x6 seems a long way off and quite impossible ATM.
I actually considered running it with the "Geoff Neupert Thruster " which is his front squat push press combo wherein you do a front squat stopping in rack position. Then push press and bring back to rack and pause. That's one rep. It's a great movement either way and I'll bet you're gonna
see huge rewards!

On another note, I just finished this coming week's medium day. I did it outside in the Jersey heat and humidity. I don't push the decreased rest times much now....I need 3 minutes for medium day reps, 3 to 3.5 for heavy day reps .... the light day I can keep under 2 minutes. It's still working. My heart rate gets up there and my shoulders got thick again. It definitely is a worthwhile venture!

8x3 felt pretty easy the other day. I’m starting to get “reasonably” comfortable with sets of 3. As I’m, I don’t get a feeling if dread when I know they’re the next workout haha.

I will definitely do phase 2. I’m going to do 2 x a week, with a day of snatching practice in between. Either a very light volume and weight EMOM, or just something simple like 10-15 each arm. I have no issue getting a 20kg overhead, though the drop is still tricky. I can comfortably do the drop from the rack position, just not from fully overhead yet.

I like swings, the conditioning is great, but every time I swing now I just can’t help but wonder why I’m not putting the bell overhead, like, it feels like half a movement. Does that make sense? I think I’m too used to C&P. I blame @GeoffNeupert haha

Has anybody ever actually managed "the short course" of Phase 2? It seems...... impossible for someone (other than a newbie, I guess) that started phase 1 with the suggested weight. I cannot imagine progressing to that many reps in that short of a time. I'm using a 4-RM, and it was... 3-good ones and the 4th was...... a REAL grind.

Finished session #6 today, going 2x per week, but I think I can switch to 3x per week. Have visions of going all the way through to the end of Phase 3 using a pair of 40s (I did several Giant runs to work my way up to these). The idea of doing multiple sets of 6 with them on an aggressive clock seems....... ridiculous. We'll see.....

Has anybody ever actually managed "the short course" of Phase 2? It seems...... impossible for someone (other than a newbie, I guess) that started phase 1 with the suggested weight. I cannot imagine progressing to that many reps in that short of a time. I'm using a 4-RM, and it was... 3-good ones and the 4th was...... a REAL grind.

Finished session #6 today, going 2x per week, but I think I can switch to 3x per week. Have visions of going all the way through to the end of Phase 3 using a pair of 40s (I did several Giant runs to work my way up to these). The idea of doing multiple sets of 6 with them on an aggressive clock seems....... ridiculous. We'll see.....
I did the short coarse after phase 1 & 2 slow and steady.

I did it like 8 years ago with the 32s. I could not do it with the 36s, so I went with the Slow and Steady.

I did the short coarse after phase 1 & 2 slow and steady.
Hercules! That’s awesome mate, how did you find short course after doing slow and steady. It kind of makes sense I suppose, build the volume over time, then similar volume in a compressed amount of time.

Hercules! That’s awesome mate, how did you find short course after doing slow and steady. It kind of makes sense I suppose, build the volume over time, then similar volume in a compressed amount of It was still hard work.
Hercules! That’s awesome mate, how did you find short course after doing slow and steady. It kind of makes sense I suppose, build the volume over time, then similar volume in a compressed amount of time.
It was hard work.

I did it with 32+36k Clean+Push Press, but not with the short rest intervals. I needed 4 mins between for the 5 and 6 rep sets and it still was very difficult. I clearly was not ready

I tried a double 32kg swing after todays Strong C&P. I do Strong with 2x24. Man, there’s a big difference! I can clean and push press a single 32, but at the moment 2 is too much.

I’m not far off starting phase 2, and I plan on doing it twice a week, with The One conditioning twice a week as well, though I’ll stretch progression out a bit, and some very low rep snatch practice ( like 10 single reps each side max).

I’m hoping all the swinging will help build strength towards double 32 work. And also boost my conditioning.

I was hoping to focus more on the snatch, but I think it’d be too much with the high rep C&P.

Well, it’s not The One, but I started one of Geoff’s many other swing programs, Swing hard 3.0 to go with Strong. I did Strong yesterday and today tried out swing hard 3.0. 100 reps 2H of my 36kg in 20 mins. Not earth shattering, but it’s a start. Haven’t done consistent swings for a while now and think it’ll work well with Strong. When I was doing S&S consistently my conditioning was better than it has been, so hoping for both strength and conditioning together.

Well, it’s not The One, but I started one of Geoff’s many other swing programs, Swing hard 3.0 to go with Strong. I did Strong yesterday and today tried out swing hard 3.0. 100 reps 2H of my 36kg in 20 mins. Not earth shattering, but it’s a start. Haven’t done consistent swings for a while now and think it’ll work well with Strong. When I was doing S&S consistently my conditioning was better than it has been, so hoping for both strength and conditioning together.
Don't go on thinking that this is easy. The volume slowly builds up and by the end of the program, it does get very difficult. It sure did for me !

Don't go on thinking that this is easy. The volume slowly builds up and by the end of the program, it does get very difficult. It sure did for me !
I definitely don’t think it will be easy. My plan when I start phase 2, is 2 days a week Strong. Mon and Fri, and Swing hard on Wed. If it goes alright, after a few weeks I may add a 2nd day of swing hard on the weekend, but only if I’m feeling good.

Back
Top Bottom