all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell STRONG (Neupert)

I planned to do workout 4 of phase 1 today but my daughter brought home a nice little case of norovirus from nursery haha so the weekend has been …. Interesting! Feeling better today but going to give my body one days rest just to be sure! Will get the reps done this week. Doing pulls ups in the same rep scheme also

I planned to do workout 4 of phase 1 today but my daughter brought home a nice little case of norovirus from nursery haha so the weekend has been …. Interesting! Feeling better today but going to give my body one days rest just to be sure! Will get the reps done this week. Doing pulls ups in the same rep scheme also
Childcare/preschool is one big Petri dish haha.! Though having 3 teenagers now, a snotty little one seems much easier to deal with haha.

Question everybody.

Ultimate goal is to clean and press double 32s. I’m at a 5RM with double 24s and wrapping up Giant 3.0, which I hope improved my two max.

I hate the either/or scenario. But what would one consider if they wanted to hit my target? Continue with Giant, switch to Strong? Alternate between the two?

Still thinking about what to do next and wanted to hear some input. Thanks y’all.

Question everybody.

Ultimate goal is to clean and press double 32s. I’m at a 5RM with double 24s and wrapping up Giant 3.0, which I hope improved my two max.

I hate the either/or scenario. But what would one consider if they wanted to hit my target? Continue with Giant, switch to Strong? Alternate between the two?

Still thinking about what to do next and wanted to hear some input. Thanks y’all.
Strong! :)

Question everybody.

I’d continue with Giant. I started out 24s at 3.0 and have made it to 30s at 2.0, with no signs of slowing down. (My goal is 36s)

I’ve also never ran strong, but if your goal is C&P then Giant can definitely get you there.

Question everybody.

I’ve been using 2x24 for almost a year. Regularly doing sets of 4,5, and starting sets of 6. I can C&P 2x28, but I can’t C&P my 2x32 yet.

I think if pure strength is the goal, just focus on Strong phase 1. Run it a few times over, then try heavier bells. But, I do think the higher rep stuff ( sets of 6 ) can help, it just might be slower. You also build work capacity.

Or, Giant 3.0 if you like auto regulation

I’ve done both Giant 3.0, and Strong ( almost finished phase 2 with 2x24 ). I prefer low rep heavy double bell work, but I’m forcing myself to finish phase 1,2 and 3 of Strong with 2x24 before moving on. It’s been worth it definitely. Slow, I’ve had to pause, or wind back to twice a week, but it’s been worth it for me.

Giant 3.0 was also great, seeing reps increase week after week is motivating, and it’s a month, so you push yourself

Either will get you there. For me, I can see me starting Strong again at the end of the year, with my 2x28’s. Running Strong from phase 1 through to 3 takes me a good 6 months.

Last edited:
Great! Thanks for the input. My mind is leaning toward doing Strong simply because I have a hard time with auto regulation. It's easier for me to have things simply laid out. I appreciate the help and comments.
I really like it. When I started phase 2, there’s no way I thought I’d be able to do the higher rep sets, but I’m there now, regularly doing 40+ reps per session 3 x a week

I
Great! Thanks for the input. My mind is leaning toward doing Strong simply because I have a hard time with auto regulation. It's easier for me to have things simply laid out. I appreciate the help and comments.
I feel you mate auto regulation is rough. It’s fine for me when I have a set number of reps but when it’s under a timer I find it too much pressure. Phase 1 of strong is auto regulation but with set number of reps and sets which I love

Today I had a moment where I felt the benefits of KB strong! in daily life.
We went to a Zoo with our son (3 years old) and the in laws. Among them was his niece who is also 3 years old.
We saw a path of stepping stones which looked like fun, so we took it. But after a couple of meters the water got a bit high and was running over the stepping stones. Not really a problem for us, but it was for both 3 year olds. Without a second thought, I kneeled down and picked each of them up at both my sides. They each weigh about 20 kg.
Without much effort, I continued the pad of stepping stones with them both on my arms. When we got to the other side of the path the in laws looked at me in awe .
And I'm only 2/3 trough phase 1 with 2x24. Imagine how strong you can get if you finish the whole program .

Closer to the end of phase 2. Busy crappy week, but 10x5@2mins this morning. Honestly wasn’t sure I’d finish, but got through it. Last press on the last set was a grind. I alternate between hating Geoff and thinking he’s the best haha. Not many to go now. I’m dreading phase 3 but will absolutely do it. I think I need a 4 week mental break though. Physically, the reps aren’t too hard anymore, but the thought of more C&P is giving me nightmares haha!.

Today I had a moment where I felt the benefits of KB strong! in daily life.
We went to a Zoo with our son (3 years old) and the in laws. Among them was his niece who is also 3 years old.
We saw a path of stepping stones which looked like fun, so we took it. But after a couple of meters the water got a bit high and was running over the stepping stones. Not really a problem for us, but it was for both 3 year olds. Without a second thought, I kneeled down and picked each of them up at both my sides. They each weigh about 20 kg.
Without much effort, I continued the pad of stepping stones with them both on my arms. When we got to the other side of the path the in laws looked at me in awe .
And I'm only 2/3 trough phase 1 with 2x24. Imagine how strong you can get if you finish the whole program .
I love those WTH effects of Strong and kb training in general! Well done mate, keep going!

Closer to the end of phase 2. Busy crappy week, but 10x5@2mins this morning. Honestly wasn’t sure I’d finish, but got through it. Last press on the last set was a grind. I alternate between hating Geoff and thinking he’s the best haha. Not many to go now. I’m dreading phase 3 but will absolutely do it. I think I need a 4 week mental break though. Physically, the reps aren’t too hard anymore, but the thought of more C&P is giving me nightmares haha!.
You got this! Get it done!!

Getting closer. 11 sessions to go to finish phase 2. Untimed sets of 6 today, though roughly 3 mins was enough. Had enough energy to to do offset Carrie’s with the bells afterwards

Hey everyone,

I've started the Kettlebell STRONG! program this week using 2x 24kg kettlebells. I've made a slight change to the program by doing only two sessions per week instead of three. Additionally, after the presses, I'm performing front squats (FSQs). I felt the need to make these adjustments because my squat is relatively weak, and I didn't want to do a dedicated squat program while also not giving up on Clean & Press. So, I hope this compromise allows me to progress in both areas without distorting the program too much.

As a result of these changes, the program will now take 44 weeks to complete instead of the original 29 weeks if I go through all three phases. This could be the most significant challenge.

The 2x 24kg weight feels relatively good. The presses are going great, but the squats are still somewhat challenging. I hope to improve my form after a few workouts. Today, I finished workout 2, and it went well with 5x2. However, when I do 3-4 FSQs, I tend to lose the kettlebells forward. I hope this will improve over time.

I'd be happy to keep you all updated on how this modified version of the Kettlebell STRONG! program works for me over the weeks and whether I would recommend it or make any further changes.

Stay strong and happy lifting!

Back
Top Bottom