all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell STRONG (Neupert)

Friend, I’m a nobody who knows nothing. I think that possibly your aggravated shoulder issue did not come from sleeping wrong but came about buy some other means. As far as your gains go I think in one of Geoff’s news letters and from other sources that squatting can help preserve overhead gains. I understand your concern and I would have the same. So, let your shoulder heal using proper means. Wish you success.

No doubt. I feel that there is a structural issue with the shoulder. But I am a very wide guy which means when I lie on my side there is actually a lot of pressure on my shoulder. I can feel it when I just lie there normally that there is a lot of pressure. I think it slides out of the joint slightly and then slides back in as I lie on my side leaving some injured tissue behind. This is about the 3rd or 4th time I've woken up with some sort of problem. Always it has been on my right side, but this time my left (never injured my left before). Long story short, I don't think I injured it training but that there is a structural issue compounded by being 2x as wide as an average dude and sleeping on my side.

Current plan. Continue with my current barbell work. Do lots of band and rotator cuff exercises to bulletproof the shoulders.

I was going to have a month of doing something different before phase 3, but I’m just going to go straight into phase 3.

I intend on doing 2x28, ideally start on New Year’s Day

Do it! Go right into Phase 3! You are ready for it! Make it happen!

On the 28k front...

I am working towards making the 28s my 10 RPM . I did different programs after I finished Strong with 2x24s. I am certain that if I repeated Strong with 28s I would have easily made the 28s my 10 RPM bells.

Nice w
Bit of a crap week for me, it’ll be a week rest by the time I get back to it tomorrow morning. Almost there.

I was going to have a month of doing something different before phase 3, but I’m just going to go straight into phase 3.

I intend on doing 2x28, ideally start on New Year’s Day ( I’m the afternoon though haha ).

Nice work mate. I did the same and went into 2x28kg. When I started tho it was a 2rm so was very optimistic.. I did 5x3 and it was tough even with 3 minutes rest. It’s definitely got me stronger but hopefully I can get the other reps in haha

Mostly just strength and fitness. Some hypertrophy in my shoulders, traps and arms. Note I didn't really lose anything on my chest or back, at least nothing noticeable.

Since I can't press overhead atm. I've been doing barbell work again and am feeling more muscular in my chest and lats. So yeah, Strong works your entire shoulder girdle really well but some things can still be beneficial from doing barbell work.
Thanks for the reply. I am craving some hypertrophy at the moment so that’s why I asked. I know STRONG is a strength program so it is doing its desired purpose.

Thanks mate!. I’m finding twice a week is better for me, Mon and Fri. Still making progress, and doing some kind of conditioning on the Wednesday. Mixing it up tomorrow and doing Wolf, Day 3 week 3. Will just see how long it takes me overall to do all 5 sets and slowly try to beat it. Conditioning needs a boost

How are you guys warming up for your Strong sessions? I’m on the 6x3 and unfortunately I’m no stronger than when I started and really struggling. I won’t lie I am on a cut so this isn’t unusual but maybe a good warm up will help

How are you guys warming up for your Strong sessions? I’m on the 6x3 and unfortunately I’m no stronger than when I started and really struggling. I won’t lie I am on a cut so this isn’t unusual but maybe a good warm up will help
A couple of rows, front squats, dips, pull aparts and and a few singles with my working weight and then I’m ready to go

Some dynamic hip stuff, dynamic pidgeon stretch, side lying windmill, prying squats and halos and band pull aparts.

Try push press if it’s the press that’s giving you trouble. I did push press for the first few weeks, and then adapted and went back to strict press.

How are you guys warming up for your Strong sessions?

A lot of 6 point rocking. With rocking the focus is on lower back arch which improves posture and squat pattern. Sometimes/most often I add head nodding.

Hanging, usually dead hangs. With hangs the focus is on obviously getting the arms overhead even trying to gently get the shoulders far back as possible.

For me having what I think is a decent squat pattern my main focus is on shoulder health. Hanging really works and is magical. Rocking lubes both hip and shoulders and head nods works posture. Posture is the ultimate goal if you want shoulder health and a good squat pattern.

Also stretch hip flexors. Frog rocking. Goblet prying squats and rotate ankles.

After everything is lubed and in place I do some really light one arm presses. Then do some cleans with working weight starting with one or two reps to a couple sets of five or six by then I am ready to go. However it takes a few sets to really feel in the groove.

Looking forward to hearing other replies. Sometimes I feel there is something missing. Perhaps increasing core temperature would help.

When I ran Strong I did the 5 Resets from Original Strength and the Simple and Sinister warm-up.

This is my default warm-up if a program doesn't have a specific warm-up as part of the plan.

10x4@1:45 finished with 20 x 30m carries with the bells, which felt easy. Amazing how much progress can be made just chipping away over time. I’ve said it before, but i honestly didn’t think I’d be able to do the higher rep sets, but now I’m doing quite well with them, and sets of 4 now just feel easy.

I’m at twice a week, and it feels fine, I’m definitely making progress. Rep max will be interesting when I finish phase 2. Which is not that far away.

10x4@1:45 finished with 20 x 30m carries with the bells, which felt easy. Amazing how much progress can be made just chipping away over time. I’ve said it before, but i honestly didn’t think I’d be able to do the higher rep sets, but now I’m doing quite well with them, and sets of 4 now just feel easy.

I’m at twice a week, and it feels fine, I’m definitely making progress. Rep max will be interesting when I finish phase 2. Which is not that far away.
You're killing it!

Keep up the good work

Thanks mate, much appreciate the support!. This thread is good for getting through the tough parts of Strong.
I agree about the support on this thread. The encouragement and fellowship on this thread kept me going when I ran Strong. There were a few days where I didn't feel like lifting, but I did lift because I didn't want to disappoint my Strong First family.

I will need the support again when I begin another go at Strong in September. This time with 2x32k bells. (Cue evil laugh.)

I agree about the support on this thread. The encouragement and fellowship on this thread kept me going when I ran Strong. There were a few days where I didn't feel like lifting, but I did lift because I didn't want to disappoint my Strong First family.

I will need the support again when I begin another go at Strong in September. This time with 2x32k bells. (Cue evil laugh.)
Awesome mate! You know the drill by now, chip away, keep going and you’ll get there!.

Just 5 more weeks to go, so far so good. Appetite seems to be increasing with the increased reps and abs have a nice almost perpetual DOMS. Program is great. Truly it works the whole body. The workouts last 30 to 32 minutes with rocking and a hang or a chin or two between sets. The cleans are getting better and better. I do OS on off days. I feel taller or I at least stand straighter and walk 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day. Good fitness program, Strong and walking, to stay out the nursing home wouldn’t ya say. My hips are really loose and glutes are not flabby. Actually sometimes I think I’m walking a little on the arrogant/cocky side, God forbid. At one time I thought the posts on this thread were a little exaggerated kinda like a placebo effect or just people that wanted to be in an advertisement. Geoff’s programing was very clever how the reps increased on workout 30. In the last week the total weight put over head with 24’s will be 15,873 lbs. Surely that does something to a almost 66 year old body, ha?

Just 5 more weeks to go, so far so good. Appetite seems to be increasing with the increased reps and abs have a nice almost perpetual DOMS. Program is great. Truly it works the whole body. The workouts last 30 to 32 minutes with rocking and a hang or a chin or two between sets. The cleans are getting better and better. I do OS on off days. I feel taller or I at least stand straighter and walk 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day. Good fitness program, Strong and walking, to stay out the nursing home wouldn’t ya say. My hips are really loose and glutes are not flabby. Actually sometimes I think I’m walking a little on the arrogant/cocky side, God forbid. At one time I thought the posts on this thread were a little exaggerated kinda like a placebo effect or just people that wanted to be in an advertisement. Geoff’s programing was very clever how the reps increased on workout 30. In the last week the total weight put over head with 24’s will be 15,873 lbs. Surely that does something to a almost 66 year old body, ha?
Great work mate! Yeah, it just works doesn’t it?

Back
Top Bottom