all posts post new thread

Nutrition Kettlebells and Body Fat

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
It's good to have a goal, for weight loss or anything you want to achieve. If you want to achieve the goal, however, it's best to focus on the process you need to achieve it, rather than the goal itself. There's no way anyone can reduce bodyfat by 10-15% by wishing it- as Al C. has stated. Figure out the daily processes needed and focus on doing those every day. It seems like you haven't really started that yet, with no real accountability to yourself through food log and knowing how much food you need to sustain yourself with slight deficit needed (along with gradual metabolic changes) to burn fat. Stay at it day in and day out, allowing for the weeks and months it might take to produce results. There's good advice above, and habit-based authors like Georgie Fear have tons more.

@Elise Stevenson thanks for your words. Yes, I benefited a lot. Looking forward to good future with it.

@aciampa absolutely.

The original post was written about 3 months back. Since then I have been stricter with diet. As mentioned in the beginning of this thread, also with your input, I logged food a few weeks. I counted calories for a few weeks. I tried keto for a few weeks. I stayed generally extreme low carb. Some of these overlapped. However I think I learned a great deal. Then one day I switched to warrior diet a month and half or so back based on input from this forum. However unfortunately the diet is on a pause mode since last I have been traveling, to be with family and such. I will be back this week and resume warrior diet, with anti-estrogenic stuffs from Ori's other book Anti Estrogentic Diet (I devoured it in one go on a 12 hour flight!).

I thank you, and will implement what you say. food log. stress free life (I could work on my sleep. Learn to put away the laptop from bed), and throw in some training for aerobic system which has been missing totally.

@Steve Freides I am not too stressed out body fat or body composition or weight today. You are right, I do not need to look like a celebrity. The sacrifice needed to achieve that is unnecessary too for a working professional like me, with a family and kids. However the visceral fat, I could lose a bit for it indicates something about my health. The waist to height ratio is what I am looking at now. I want to bring it down under 50%

@banzaiengr I learned about bodpod from this forum. Interesting point about dehydration and higher BF.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom