all posts post new thread

Kettlebells and Combat Athletics

Kozushi

Level 7 Valued Member
Took a roughly two year semi-break from kettlebells due to training 3-4 days of fencing in addition to my standard of 2-3 days of judo. Now that my body has adjusted to fencing, I have as of a few months ago reintroduced kettlebell training, which is evidently super-important for every reason imaginable!

I am trying not to push myself too fast and trying not to be greedy for weight (although this is actually impossible for me!)

Basically, I aim for the 10X10 1h swings just like in S&S and whenever possible the 10 TGUs also, but I do a lot of 1h military presses, and I mess around with other moves. I definitely do a lot of GTG with the swings and presses.

I still have the goal of becoming a certified SF trainer, but I can get more onto this once I have gotten my full strength back. In any case the difference reintroducing kettlebell training back into my life is having on my combat athletics is enormous.

I use the 24kg a lot these days, with the 16kg when I have already done a lot with the 24kg, and I am starting to do some sets again with the 32kg... and the 28kg.

Weight training is really necessary for combat athletes. We have to get stronger than the sport, not only just as strong as the sport. There is no other way.

Back
Top Bottom