all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebells in Peru

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Tim Swanson

Level 5 Valued Member
Are there any Peruvians here in the forum? I'm trying to buy kettlebells in Lima, and could use some advice.

Some searching around has not yielded much. Mostly little kettlebells 12 kg or less. I did find Nanosports. Their Facebook page mentions kettlebells up to 48 kg, but those don't appear on their website. I've reached out for more details. (Also, based on the photos, it seems like the bells are rubber coated, which I don't love. But you can't be too picky I suppose.)

If anyone knows any better options, please let me know. I speak Spanish and have the ability to travel to almost anywhere in or near the city of Lima.

Are there any Peruvians here in the forum? I'm trying to buy kettlebells in Lima, and could use some advice.

Some searching around has not yielded much. Mostly little kettlebells 12 kg or less. I did find Nanosports. Their Facebook page mentions kettlebells up to 48 kg, but those don't appear on their website. I've reached out for more details. (Also, based on the photos, it seems like the bells are rubber coated, which I don't love. But you can't be too picky I suppose.)

If anyone knows any better options, please let me know. I speak Spanish and have the ability to travel to almost anywhere in or near the city of Lima.

Hola Tim, desafortunadamente no tengo conocimientos de donde conseguir buenos kettlebells en Peru. Sin embargo estoy a la orden para darte de mi opinion antes de realizar tu compra. Existen muchos kettlebells en el mercado pero no todos, en mi opinion, son de buena calidad.

Saludos cordiales!

For anyone reading along, an English translation is below. Please note that, in addition to being a Senior Instructor, Yoana is the coordinator for our Spanish-language Facebook page and teaches regularly in Central and South America.

-S-

Hi Tim, unfortunately I have no knowledge of where to get good kettlebells in Peru. However, I am at your service to give you my opinion before making your purchase. There are many kettlebells in the market but not all, in my opinion, are of good quality.

Best regards!

This one looks good and is clearly imported from China. It appears to be the same one I bought in Argentina.

Pesas Rusas O Kettlebell 20 Kg - S/ 239,99

I would suggest you contact this supplier to find out if they have heavier. If the dont have in stock, they might be able to order for the next shipment.

+1 to @Yoana Teran. I doubt you'll be able to find a decent one locally made. I couldnt in Argentina, they were unusable.

do they have any foundries there? They might be able to custom build one for you

That's an interesting idea. I've never thought of doing this. How does this typically work? Do you need to give specifications to the foundry?

There are several foundries in the city. No idea if any of them would do this sort of work.

Thanks for the replies everyone. For now, my working plan is to go with the Nanosports bells. I'm not actually there currently, so I'm going to have to buy them sight unseen. If they turn out to be bad I'll have wasted a bit of time and money, I'll be sure to post back here to let people know.

On that Mercado Libre page, it looks like someone else already asked about heavier bells:

hola tienes de mas peso? gracias
Solo tenemos de 20kg máximo,saludos

Hello, do you have heavier ones? Thanks.
We only have 20 kg maximum. Regards.

Seems like there's a market for it, at least. o_O

Hola Tim, desafortunadamente no tengo conocimientos de donde conseguir buenos kettlebells en Peru. Sin embargo estoy a la orden para darte de mi opinion antes de realizar tu compra. Existen muchos kettlebells en el mercado pero no todos, en mi opinion, son de buena calidad.

Saludos cordiales!

¡Gracias Yoana! Les aviso a todos como me va.

That's an interesting idea. I've never thought of doing this. How does this typically work? Do you need to give specifications to the foundry?

There are several foundries in the city. No idea if any of them would do this sort of work.
You could go down this route, but I don't think the juice is going to be worth the squeeze...
The foundry would need some form of drawing with reasonably accurate dimensions. Most likely they would sand cast. They would then need to make a model (usually wood... although these days one could 3-d print I suppose) Then create a sand mould into which they pour the hot metal. Once cooled they break the mould, and the bell would need to be finished... i.e. Sand blasting, and painting (or powder coating)

This would need to be done for each size of course...

Pretty labour intensive and costly for one bell.

No doubt cheaper to ship there.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom