all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebells Reps and Sets

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
As someone whose done both crossfit and S&S, I can tell you that S&S delivers just as well (if not better) in regards to strength, conditioning, and physique. The big difference is that after a month or two of crossfit most people (myself included) start to feel burned out, whereas S&S is a lot easier to just chug along and enjoy the results. No pain, lots of gain.
Of course, that's just my experience, but it seems to be a common one.

hey thanks a lot for sharing your experience, cause my basic is weight lifting not a serious one just a regular, been doing for almost a decade and hit a very boring situation where my body seems to hit a plateau

@msuwendy
Welcome. Here are a couple SF articles I have found to be helpful:
I reference the rehabilitation article because it highlights the potential that Simple & Sinister brings to the table, both as a program as well as a metric.

It is a great place to start. For many it is a solid long term decision and those whose goals change would do well to revisit the metric, if only to track their progress.

ill have a read thanks a lot

Hopefully we will expand into your area soon.

that would be cool

just wondering how many reps in total in a week can you share with me? regarding the swing and get ups, stated in simple and sinister is daily and some said 300reps a week is enough to obtain the benefits, i know each and every one of us is different in response to the training but im just curious

that would be cool

just wondering how many reps in total in a week can you share with me? regarding the swing and get ups, stated in simple and sinister is daily and some said 300reps a week is enough to obtain the benefits, i know each and every one of us is different in response to the training but im just curious

what is your current training program? what is your training goal? those two will help me give a better answer

what is your current training program? what is your training goal? those two will help me give a better answer

im just trying to get lean and muscle definition, i used to train with weight with several program such as the classic 8-6-4 reps or 5x5, one-two muscle group a day, 3 times a week is my schedule cause more than that it will worn my body a lot with the classic weights barbell and dumbell

so just move to the kettlebell and read the simple and sinister and very interesting article so yeah im now doing it with 20kg swing and a 7.5kg get ups i know its lame but the get ups is soo diff, for now maybe i want to get to the 32kg swing and the 24kg get ups

You don't need to do more than the prescribed reps in S&S to hit the standards.. Focus on technique and slowly cut the rest period..

to get lean would mean less nasi goreng for you ;)

i have another question, 2 arms swing with one 40kg kettlebell, and 2 arms swing with 2 individual 20kg and 20kg, is it the same? in load

You don't need to do more than the prescribed reps in S&S to hit the standards.. Focus on technique and slowly cut the rest period..

to get lean would mean less nasi goreng for you ;)

well the prescribe is 100swing and 10getups each, daily, and by mean daily if we stop on sunday is 600swing and 60getups a week hehehe by that i can eat more nasi goreng hehehe

well the prescribe is 100swing and 10getups each, daily, and by mean daily if we stop on sunday is 600swing and 60getups a week hehehe by that i can eat more nasi goreng hehehe

Get to the simple standard and you can also throw in sate babi and beef rendang.. Boleh?? ;)

why i ask the question because down here they charge me extra if i want to make a custom size kettlebell, down here the standard is 10 and 5, if we buy imported we will go broke, so this special guy actually "made to order" kettlebell but extra charge for the mold, so i got 2x16 and 2x20, i need 24,and my girlfriend need 12, yeah 12 x 2 is 24, why should i pay extra mold for the 1x24 kettlebell

here's my suggestion since kettlebells are "mahal"

pair of 16kg 20kg a 24kg a 28kg and a 32kg.. these will keep you busy for a while..

if your technique is good, don't limit yourself to S and S..

have you considered a skype or facetime with an SFG?

here's my suggestion since kettlebells are "mahal"

pair of 16kg 20kg a 24kg a 28kg and a 32kg.. these will keep you busy for a while..

if your technique is good, don't limit yourself to S and S..

have you considered a skype or facetime with an SFG?

hahahaha, you got a lot of bahasa vocab hehe, yeah its the multiple mold that haunt the "duit" hehehe, thats why if the effect are the same ill consider the 2x12 to get the 24kg weight load

we are somewhat living in a stone age internet speed is not that dependable down here

Check the net speed chart.. Yours is still faster than in the Philippines.

If you need "tolong" with your technique, just ask

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom