all posts post new thread
Hello friends,

I am currently running the advanced program with 2x28.

I was wondering how many sessions without progress would constitute a 'stall'.

The literature does say that volume will vary day by day, and not to try and beat my prior effort, but it would be good to have a number of sessions in mind.

Thanks!
Last year I ran Plan A and B with a single 28 kg.
I took 'stall' to be one week and the programme still lasted 17 weeks.
For Plan A the lack of progress coincided with the first session after a deload week. So it was effectively a longer period.
In the long run I think it's better for you to switch to Plan 2B and then back to Plan 2A rather than keep the volume static for an extended period.

Last year I ran Plan A and B with a single 28 kg.
I took 'stall' to be one week and the programme still lasted 17 weeks.
For Plan A the lack of progress coincided with the first session after a deload week. So it was effectively a longer period.
In the long run I think it's better for you to switch to Plan 2B and then back to Plan 2A rather than keep the volume static for an extended period.
I am on my fourth session post deload;

Session 1: 13
Session 2: 14
Session 3: 17
Session 4: 17

I was thinking to give it one more session before switching to 2B.

Thoughts?

I am on my fourth session post deload;

Session 1: 13
Session 2: 14
Session 3: 17
Session 4: 17

I was thinking to give it one more session before switching to 2B.

Thoughts?
While it's not mentioned in that particular part of the manual, in at least one other place it mentions "if your progress stalls for 2 weeks." I would give it 2 weeks before retesting your RM and switching to plan B, so if you're following the plan and doing 2 days/ week, that would be 4 sessions.

While it's not mentioned in that particular part of the manual, in at least one other place it mentions "if your progress stalls for 2 weeks." I would give it 2 weeks before retesting your RM and switching to plan B, so if you're following the plan and doing 2 days/ week, that would be 4 sessions.
@BJJ Shawn I think that "2 weeks" quote comes from the SW section. The double LCCJ section just says "stalls". Which to me is two or three sessions. One "bad day" factored in.

@jtsang How many reps are you at?
I'm using odd bells (24+28) and hit a wall today. I did 21 sets then deloaded for two sessions and came back terribly today. My cleans were all over the place, as was my dip and drive. Definitely a "bad day"
I'm at 3 long cycles so I'm overall happy with progress. I will try again Monday and if no better I'll retest and move on.

@BJJ Shawn I think that "2 weeks" quote comes from the SW section. The double LCCJ section just says "stalls". Which to me is two or three sessions. One "bad day" factored in.

@jtsang How many reps are you at?
I'm using odd bells (24+28) and hit a wall today. I did 21 sets then deloaded for two sessions and came back terribly today. My cleans were all over the place, as was my dip and drive. Definitely a "bad day"
I'm at 3 long cycles so I'm overall happy with progress. I will try again Monday and if no better I'll retest and move on.
I am currently doing C+J+C so still a ways to go.

I am currently doing C+J+C so still a ways to go.
The reason I asked is regarding the work to rest ratio.
My experience is C+J+C is around 10 to 12 seconds. The work rest ratio is therefore around 1:5 to 1:6.
I feel you can hang around at this stage longer.
My 3 sets take about 16 to 18 seconds, so about 2:5 and it feels like it's breaching A+A a bit. In which case I'm less inclined to loiter.
I'm not sure if this is right but my recovery certainly seems longer currently.

Anyone done the C&J protocol with the double snatch? Seems like its a 'similar but different' movement that would work in the context of the program. Something I've been thinking about - no particular goal, but I've enjoyed the results from the double C&J protocol and double snatches are awesome...so why not?

In the C&J program it states to do it twice a week monday and thursday... What are you guys doing the other days?
I normally get at least one day on the mats pending my work schedule.

One thing I really appreciate with the two days of kettlebell training is I do not feel stressed when I have to adjust the scheduling, as I have plenty of time to make it up.

In the C&J program it states to do it twice a week monday and thursday... What are you guys doing the other days?
I practice my martial art, cycle for transport, and practice some moderate barbell training.
I do Sun Salutations, per Great Gama Protocol, for flexibility and mobility. When I remember, I do bodyweight hack squats to help keep my knees happy.
As a total package, this seems to be working for me and my recovery abilities, for now.

Back
Top Bottom