all posts post new thread
And here it is...V4! Didn't spot any differences just some formatting changes here and there...
Yeah, I ran a comparison and it showed only minor formatting changes and one corrected typo.

The programming sections haven't changed. I was expecting that it would include the "consolidate your gains" part from the article:
  • When you make it to 30min—30 sets per arm—stay there for a couple of weeks until you repeat this workload strongly while passing the talk test any day.

Then add a second clean to each set: (C+J+C). When you make it to 30min with an extra clean, consolidate your gains by staying at that load for a week or two, then add a second jerk: (C+J+C+J).

In the PDF you are advised to change the setup the next session.

I was expecting that it would include the "consolidate your gains" part from the article:
I found it to be really beneficial to not rush things. I was adding another rep only when the HR graphs of individual sessions didn't show a significant decrease in the HR max and average HR, which used to take approx. 2 weeks.didn't want to go down anymore,

I’m finally looking at starting the Clean and Jerk protocol from this program. I loved the swing and get up one! I’ve never really spent time with the C&J before so I’m going to do 1A. My question is what people’s starting weights have been? I’m a bigger guy but not crazy strong. Thinking about breaking in my new 28k. @Pete L you’ve spent a lot of time on this program, would like to hear your thoughts. Planning on using this concurrently with marathon training, as my mileage picks up i thought it would be good to take strength training down to two days.
Edit:
I do plan to follow the programs advice and train the long press, and push press first (maybe not for a couple of months though). I just came across the weight testing page as well (i get too excited and ask before i read…). Will take another look at that too.

Last edited:
I’m finally looking at starting the Clean and Jerk protocol from this program. I loved the swing and get up one! I’ve never really spent time with the C&J before so I’m going to do 1A. My question is what people’s starting weights have been? I’m a bigger guy but not crazy strong. Thinking about breaking in my new 28k. @Pete L you’ve spent a lot of time on this program, would like to hear your thoughts. Planning on using this concurrently with marathon training, as my mileage picks up i thought it would be good to take strength training down to two days.
Edit:
I do plan to follow the programs advice and train the long press, and push press first (maybe not for a couple of months though). I just came across the weight testing page as well (i get too excited and ask before i read…). Will take another look at that too.
Looking back at my log, I went through the progressions for almost 3 months while I did S&S and hit Timeless with the 36 kg.
I've always had a relatively weak press and my previous ROP bell was 24 kg . I'd never pressed the 32 kg.
At the start, I was not at all confident with the 32 kg LCCJ but never tested per se. Just knew I couldn't hit the lower RM.
So I bought a 28 kg and it was perfect.
I'd recommend running 1A straight into 1B.
I'm about to start Strong! with 28+32 kg and then intend to revert to 1A with the 32 kg before (hopefully) pushing on to 2A with the 28+32 :)
Good luck!

There is a father’s day sales going on. FATHERS2022 . I am going to purchase this, since the sample videos look amazing to me. I am excited to have the opportunity to really go in to depths of form of S&S exercises.

Hi everyone - my article was just posted about this set. Check it out!

Great article!

I just happened to read my Kettlebells StrongFirst PDF last night and was looking this over.

And then, BOOM! You wrote an article with your experience on it. :D

Love it!

I also love your application of breath exercises. How many "reps" of 1+3 did you do between TGUs? 1, 2, 3?

Have you considered the advanced Sw +TGU plan with the split days?

Love it!

I also love your application of breath exercises. How many "reps" of 1+3 did you do between TGUs? 1, 2, 3?

Have you considered the advanced Sw +TGU plan with the split days?
Just one rep of 1+3 and then back at it.

I did consider doing the split days, but have done a lot of A+A with on-the-minute swings in the past so I wanted to push it a little more with every 30 seconds -- and I also knew after getting to 20 minutes, that I wasn't going to get much further with that without a longer-term commitment. It was pretty challenging.

How is the programming? Is it simple like the Giant and S&S? I mean, I hate programs that are so complicated you constantly have to read what you're supposed to do that day. I like no brain, go in, and get it done reprogramming

How is the programming? Is it simple like the Giant and S&S? I mean, I hate programs that are so complicated you constantly have to read what you're supposed to do that day. I like no brain, go in, and get it done reprogramming
It's really simple... you get 2 programs, an A+A version of S&S and a C&J program... all done OTM... the video instruction is worth every penny

Programming is actually very simple. But you might need to read itcarefully a couple of times initially to get the finer points (when to progress, how much to add, etc.). For example it might say: "Use plan A until you reach X or your progress stalls." From some of the comments on here I suspect that quite a few people overlook the "or your progress stalls" part.

Back
Top Bottom