all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebells vs clubbells

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 316

I did some clubbell swings yesterday after receiving them from Great Lakes Kettlebell and boy are they a nice change of pace. I find I can hinge deeper and they just feel almost better. Of course they are much lighter than my kettlebell swing weights.

I dabbled around with some clubbells over 2 years ago. To me they are more about mobility, recovery and moving well, while KBs are more about power and strength. Of course you can do strength exercises with CBs and mobility stuff with KBs, but in general I'd say each one is more suited to a specific type of training.
KBs are one-arm pushups while clubbells are hindu pushups, if you get what I mean :) Both similar, both very good, but still somewhat different and for somewhat different goals.

I have a pretty big set of kettlebells (competition bells from 8 kg to 40 kg, and doubles at 16 and 24), a pair of Indian clubs, a macebell, and an Adex adjustable club.

I find clubs and kettlebells to be natural complements to each other, very good at different things, but not substitutable goods.

What clubs and maces add to the party are cross-body movements (mills) and big circular shoulder movements (macebell 360 and 10-2).

If I'm ever pressed for time or need something portable:

--KB swings
--KB clean & press
--Macebell 360

That gets a lot done very quickly and I can do it in the park.

To me they are more about mobility, recovery and moving well, while KBs are more about power and strength.

I agree.

I mostly use my clubs / maces on "variety days", 2x a week.

They complement my main 3x strength days (barbell / KB / gymnastics) and 2x mobility days (yoga).

I did some clubbell swings yesterday after receiving them from Great Lakes Kettlebell and boy are they a nice change of pace. I find I can hinge deeper and they just feel almost better. Of course they are much lighter than my kettlebell swing weights.

Did you try anything more than the hinge?

Yeah, you can hip hinge / hip swing clubs, but that's not where they really show their magic....

The double swing and swipe. And the double shield cast

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom