all posts post new thread

Kettlebell King sized killer with double bells

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

CoreyW

Level 5 Valued Member
I’ve been doing KSK with double 16’s. I have just finished phase 2 week 2. The 12 rep sets are kicking my butt, I was only able to do 2 ladders. And In phase 3 there are days that call for higher reps sets and at this point I know I’m not ready for that. My question for you guys and @Geoff Neupert is would I be better off to do phase 2 again before moving on to phase 3? Or just go for it?

I’ve been doing KSK with double 16’s. I have just finished phase 2 week 2. The 12 rep sets are kicking my butt, I was only able to do 2 ladders. And In phase 3 there are days that call for higher reps sets and at this point I know I’m not ready for that. My question for you guys and @Geoff Neupert is would I be better off to do phase 2 again before moving on to phase 3? Or just go for it?
@CoreyW - You can run a 4th week since it's all autoregulated then shift into the 3rd phase.

You can also just seek to hit ONE set of the prescribed reps on each day of Phase 3, and then seek to get more sets at the target rep range each week, if that makes sense. This way your volume & density will still increase and you'll still be able to measure your progress.

Hope that helps.

I love the double snatch but I don't find it being beneficial once you go deep in the higher rep range..

After ph1, I'd probably recommend switching to Strong instead using the DSN

Here’s a report of my work on KSK phase 1 and phase 2. But first a little info on me. I’m 46 I’ve been lobstering for the last 26 years. I’ve been using kettlebells for the past few years. I’ve never really stuck with a program all the way through. Mostly because of work,and recovery. I don’t usually get enough sleep 5 to 7 hours. For the most part injury and pain free, until recently. Metatarsalgia in left foot, I think plantar fasciitis in the right, and arthritis in left knee .
Phase 1
Week 1: 55,39,60
Weeks 2: 76,60,46
Week3: 60,68,70
Phase 2
Week1: 75,72,48
Week2: 81,84,61
Week3: 90,97,78
Week4: 75,75,90

Some days there were 2-4 days between workouts.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom