all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Knee sleeves

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Whosonfirst

Level 8 Valued Member
I'm considering using a knee sleeve or brace on my right knee when squatting. I no longer do bbell back squats, mostly kbell goblet & front squats and lots of bwt. air squats. As I'm closing in on 70, my doc had told me previously it's most likely wear and tear arthritis or bursitis. Walking, which I do a couple miles daily, does not bother it, but jogging for any distance will. I'm looking for any recommendations for products that you've used. A few years ago, I slipped my compression type elbow brace over my knee and while it was too tight, it seemed like it might work.

I have SBD knee sleeves. Their products are great all around. They're really popular around the powerlifting crowd and for a reason. The pricing is reasonable as well.

I have a pair of the HookGrip knee sleeves. They don't offer much in terms of support but they're great if you just want to keep the joints warm. I've not heard anything but praise for the SBD sleeves and, although I've not used them myself, several lifters I follow rave about them; I own one of their singlets and it's really well-made.

Probably worth the investment.

If those are expensive where you are, the Rehband sleeves seem very popular too so I'm sure they're decent.

I'm considering using a knee sleeve or brace on my right knee when squatting.

SBD Knee Sleeve

I have the SBD Knee Sleeve, like Antti.

The BEST Knee Sleeves for Powerlifting

This provide a good review of the various brands.

At the 6:20 minute mark, there's a review on the SBD.

One of the recommendation on the SBD Knee Sleeve is you if want it tight for more support, purchase one that is two (2) sizes smaller; which I did.

I measured a Medium and purchased the Extra Small. Initially, it took me twenty minutes to the SBD Sleeve on. Now it takes me less than 2 minutes.

The smaller SBD's provide snug support but not as much as knee wrap.

Tommy Kono

In the video, he refers them as "Crap Quality". I had a similar experience with the Tommy Kono brand.

I contacted them about the quality but they didn't care about helping with my issue.

Needless to say, I do NOT recommend any Tommy Kono product.

Rehband Knee Sleeves

Well made. I have had some for over 10 years.

However, I'd rate the SBD Knee Sleeve over the Rehband.

Those are the only one that I am familiar with.

SBD Knee Sleeve

I have the SBD Knee Sleeve, like Antti.

The BEST Knee Sleeves for Powerlifting

This provide a good review of the various brands.

At the 6:20 minute mark, there's a review on the SBD.

One of the recommendation on the SBD Knee Sleeve is you if want it tight for more support, purchase one that is two (2) sizes smaller; which I did.

I measured a Medium and purchased the Extra Small. Initially, it took me twenty minutes to the SBD Sleeve on. Now it takes me less than 2 minutes.

The smaller SBD's provide snug support but not as much as knee wrap.

Tommy Kono

In the video, he refers them as "Crap Quality". I had a similar experience with the Tommy Kono brand.

I contacted them about the quality but they didn't care about helping with my issue.

Needless to say, I do NOT recommend any Tommy Kono product.

Rehband Knee Sleeves

Well made. I have had some for over 10 years.

However, I'd rate the SBD Knee Sleeve over the Rehband.

Those are the only one that I am familiar with.

Thank you @kennycro@@aol.com

I have a pair of 7mm Rehband sleeves that I have been using for over four years. I bought a size lower than recommended which has served me well for front and back squats, cleans and rowing sprints.

I'm considering using a knee sleeve or brace on my right knee when squatting. I no longer do bbell back squats, mostly kbell goblet & front squats and lots of bwt. air squats. As I'm closing in on 70, my doc had told me previously it's most likely wear and tear arthritis or bursitis. Walking, which I do a couple miles daily, does not bother it, but jogging for any distance will. I'm looking for any recommendations for products that you've used. A few years ago, I slipped my compression type elbow brace over my knee and while it was too tight, it seemed like it might work.
Love to see a video of your goblet squat.

If walking doesn't bother you but running does, consider getting some running coaching, and/or looking into different shoes, and/or keep walking and stop running, and/or trade your jogging for a little sprinting instead.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom